Switching Prepaid Plans...

Teacher

Switching Prepaid Plans...

Hello,

I was thinking of switching my prepaid plan from the $50 one to the $60 one. My rate plan expired today, so I did a $60 refill and then called up 611 to switch to the new plan, but the IVR told me that I have only $10.87 onmy account. Which was logical in a way, but shouldn't I be allowed to make the switch as I did do a $60 refill. If there's a way to do it, please do let me know. I dont want to wait for next month to get the plans changed.

Message 1 of 7 (655 Views)
Teacher

Re: Switching Prepaid Plans...

Anyone?

Message 2 of 7 (588 Views)
Master

As long as you had at least $60 in your account to cover the cost of the new plan, you should have had no problem switching...

Is the $10.87 in your account right now from a previous month/transaction?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7 (552 Views)
Teacher

The problem that i know happened is when i did a refill for the account of $60, $50 went into my old rate plan and $10 was left as balance. So now the system is looking for 60 and finds 10, so that i where i am stuck. Now to do the rate plan change, i have to do a $50 refill again to get my balance up to $60 and do a change of plan. Which comes up to $110 just to get the rate plan change done. Otherwise i have to wait for next month.

And the 611 system is so automated that i can even talk to someone.

Message 4 of 7 (522 Views)
Master

If you wouldn't mind waiting until next month, then that is probably what I would do in order not to waste any money. If you'd like to switch plans now, dial 611 from your prepaid phone and when you get to the main menu, keep repeating "customer service." You may need to do this three or four times for it to finally go through. Don't worry, it will. You will then be transferred to a live rep that should be able to help you.

Message 5 of 7 (472 Views)
Teacher

I think i would wait till next month, dont want the customer rep, blabbering on and nothing happening in the end!
Message 6 of 7 (451 Views)
Master

Alright. Sounds good!

Message 7 of 7 (357 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.