Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 29, 2013
5:54:51 PM
View profile
Switching Phones

I've been trying to use live chat but it has been down for days. I would like to try a different phone than the one im currently on. It's been a year or so since Ive been on gophone service (1st month just ended), I think I remember that my sim is locked to my phone for the first 90 days? Is this true? Can I have the sim unlocked before then?

Thanks

I've been trying to use live chat but it has been down for days. I would like to try a different phone than the one im currently on. It's been a year or so since Ive been on gophone service (1st month just ended), I think I remember that my sim is locked to my phone for the first 90 days? Is this true? Can I have the sim unlocked before then?

Thanks

Switching Phones

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 6:25:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gadget69 wrote:

Thanks

The last time I've used prepaid (this summer) I was able to move the SIM to a different phone right away. I don't know if that makes a difference, I bought the prepaid package at an AT&T store, not online. Also, the other phone I was using the SIM in was not an AT&T-branded device. So if your SIM doesn't work in another phone, I'm sure they can fix it at an AT&T store.

gadget69 wrote:

Thanks

The last time I've used prepaid (this summer) I was able to move the SIM to a different phone right away. I don't know if that makes a difference, I bought the prepaid package at an AT&T store, not online. Also, the other phone I was using the SIM in was not an AT&T-branded device. So if your SIM doesn't work in another phone, I'm sure they can fix it at an AT&T store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Switching Phones

2 of 6 (557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 30, 2013 7:33:45 AM
(0)
Teacher

I had actually tried a different phone and lost my data. I had to call att gophone to re-authenticate my original phone to get data working again. My current phone is a att s4.

I had actually tried a different phone and lost my data. I had to call att gophone to re-authenticate my original phone to get data working again. My current phone is a att s4.

3 of 6 (551 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 2:31:55 PM
(0)
Teacher
I called gophone and had the sim unlocked, haven't tried a different phone yet. But after getting off the phone I notice my data slowed down. I'm not sure if unlocking the sim card caused an issue? Can it? I'm getting around 1.6 mbps down and about 500kbps up.
I called gophone and had the sim unlocked, haven't tried a different phone yet. But after getting off the phone I notice my data slowed down. I'm not sure if unlocking the sim card caused an issue? Can it? I'm getting around 1.6 mbps down and about 500kbps up.

4 of 6 (491 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 1, 2013 10:04:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

gadget69 wrote:

I've never heard of unlocking the SIM causing data speeds to slow down. That being said, I run speed tests fairly regularly and my results range (on LTE) from 200-300kbps to 20-30mbps, so I don't set any expectations for the data speed whatsoever.,

gadget69 wrote:

I've never heard of unlocking the SIM causing data speeds to slow down. That being said, I run speed tests fairly regularly and my results range (on LTE) from 200-300kbps to 20-30mbps, so I don't set any expectations for the data speed whatsoever.,

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (468 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 11:02:02 AM
(0)
Teacher

Its just weird how the speed dropped. I've noticed sending mms is slower when it used to blast off into thin air. I called my local ATT store and he checked the tower by my house and he said everything looked good.

Its just weird how the speed dropped. I've noticed sending mms is slower when it used to blast off into thin air. I called my local ATT store and he checked the tower by my house and he said everything looked good.

6 of 6 (438 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments