Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 20, 2013
7:23:37 AM
View profile
Suspending data from one phone
Is it possible to suspend data from one line for a period of time? If so, how?
Is it possible to suspend data from one line for a period of time? If so, how?

Suspending data from one phone

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 7:36:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If it is a smartphone, no. If you switch to a dumb phone, then you can suspend data.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
If it is a smartphone, no. If you switch to a dumb phone, then you can suspend data.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Suspending data from one phone

2 of 7 (642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 11:35:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
If you are on a shared data plan you can turn off data to a specific device using the myAT&T app. I think the option is available on the website as well.
If you are on a shared data plan you can turn off data to a specific device using the myAT&T app. I think the option is available on the website as well.

3 of 7 (605 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 12:49:48 PM
(0)
Expert

gphipps wrote:

bweleive that is only a option on basic phones that are not required to have an active data plan

gphipps wrote:

bweleive that is only a option on basic phones that are not required to have an active data plan

4 of 7 (595 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 12:52:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
I have 4 smart phones and that option shows on those lines. I've never tried it, though.
I have 4 smart phones and that option shows on those lines. I've never tried it, though.

5 of 7 (593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 3:11:17 PM
(0)
Former Employee

gphipps wrote:

That doesn't save any money, though. It just stops the device from using data. 

gphipps wrote:

That doesn't save any money, though. It just stops the device from using data. 

6 of 7 (572 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 3:29:15 PM
(0)
Scholar
That is true.....wasn't sure what the OP was looking for, to save money or a device that was going over.
That is true.....wasn't sure what the OP was looking for, to save money or a device that was going over.

7 of 7 (567 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments