Suspending data from one phone

Highlighted
Contributor

Suspending data from one phone

Is it possible to suspend data from one line for a period of time? If so, how?
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Suspending data from one phone

If it is a smartphone, no. If you switch to a dumb phone, then you can suspend data.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

If you are on a shared data plan you can turn off data to a specific device using the myAT&T app. I think the option is available on the website as well.
Message 3 of 7
Expert

gphipps wrote:
If you are on a shared data plan you can turn off data to a specific device using the myAT&T app. I think the option is available on the website as well.

bweleive that is only a option on basic phones that are not required to have an active data plan

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

I have 4 smart phones and that option shows on those lines. I've never tried it, though.
Message 5 of 7
ACE - Expert

gphipps wrote:

That doesn't save any money, though. It just stops the device from using data. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7
Scholar

That is true.....wasn't sure what the OP was looking for, to save money or a device that was going over.
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support