Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 21, 2012
3:26:40 PM
View profile
Strange Samsung Focus battery/charging problem - Please help!

I've owned my Samsung Focus for about a year and a half with no problems, until this week.

A few days ago the phone started sounding off, as if I had plugged it in to be charged, even though it wasn't connected to anything. And the tone kept repeating continuously, sometimes more than once a second.

In this state the phone pretty much still works, if I can deal with the noise but the battery charging indicator keeps randomly flashing, like I'm plugging and unplugging it. The screen never shuts off and within a couple of hours the battery is almost completely drained.

If I plug the phone in to be charged, the sound stops, the phone works and charges normally.

My first thought was that there's a problem with the charging port. If I connect a data/charging cable that's not connected to the charger, the sound never stops. The only way to stop the sound is to charge the phone.

Luckily the volume still works and if I set the volume to zero, I hear nothing and can use the phone.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

I've owned my Samsung Focus for about a year and a half with no problems, until this week.

A few days ago the phone started sounding off, as if I had plugged it in to be charged, even though it wasn't connected to anything. And the tone kept repeating continuously, sometimes more than once a second.

In this state the phone pretty much still works, if I can deal with the noise but the battery charging indicator keeps randomly flashing, like I'm plugging and unplugging it. The screen never shuts off and within a couple of hours the battery is almost completely drained.

If I plug the phone in to be charged, the sound stops, the phone works and charges normally.

My first thought was that there's a problem with the charging port. If I connect a data/charging cable that's not connected to the charger, the sound never stops. The only way to stop the sound is to charge the phone.

Luckily the volume still works and if I set the volume to zero, I hear nothing and can use the phone.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Strange Samsung Focus battery/charging problem - Please help!

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 9:37:04 AM
(0)
Contributor
I am having the same problem what can I do to fix it.
I am having the same problem what can I do to fix it.

Re: Strange Samsung Focus battery/charging problem - Please help!

2 of 3 (9,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 27, 2013 9:48:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpdevices/samsung-focus-constantly-thinks-it-i...

This appears to be caused by either lint or a bent pin in the charging port, that you can either clean out or carefully correct yourself. Your device is likely long out of warranty, so its doubtful AT&T will swap it out - it's worth checking the port to see if anything is obviously out of position.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-wpdevices/samsung-focus-constantly-thinks-it-is-charging/3660876b-83af-454c-8584-3970d0f830f2?page=1&msgId=37ae6290-ed13-4b19-b0be-dd3a67a7359a&tm=1380300365539

This appears to be caused by either lint or a bent pin in the charging port, that you can either clean out or carefully correct yourself. Your device is likely long out of warranty, so its doubtful AT&T will swap it out - it's worth checking the port to see if anything is obviously out of position.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Strange Samsung Focus battery/charging problem - Please help!

3 of 3 (9,523 Views)