Posted Jul 30, 2013
9:42:16 PM
View profile
Strange Calling Issue
I'm posting this question for my brother, as I cannot figure out what the problem with his phone is. Usually when you dial a person's number, the phone rings a few times, and then they pick up or the call goes to voicemail. With his phone, it doesn't ring at all when I dial his number...just dead silence for a minute straight. Could it be a problem with his phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S Captivate) or maybe his phone number? Doesn't matter if calling from a cell phone (AT&T and Verizon tested) or landline...the darn thing just doesn't ring like it should.

Does anybody know what could be the issue?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

I'm posting this question for my brother, as I cannot figure out what the problem with his phone is. Usually when you dial a person's number, the phone rings a few times, and then they pick up or the call goes to voicemail. With his phone, it doesn't ring at all when I dial his number...just dead silence for a minute straight. Could it be a problem with his phone itself (Samsung Galaxy S Captivate) or maybe his phone number? Doesn't matter if calling from a cell phone (AT&T and Verizon tested) or landline...the darn thing just doesn't ring like it should.

Does anybody know what could be the issue?

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Strange Calling Issue

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 6:44:27 AM
(0)
Professor

Does it ring on the caller's end? If so, does he use headphones to listen to music, or plug an audio cable into it for any reason? Could be a stuck contact making the phone think something's plugged in. Bluetooth connection maybe?

Does it ring on the caller's end? If so, does he use headphones to listen to music, or plug an audio cable into it for any reason? Could be a stuck contact making the phone think something's plugged in. Bluetooth connection maybe?

Re: Strange Calling Issue

2 of 3 (1,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 12:43:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It does ring on his end when he receives the call, but when placing the call, there is no ringing heard. He occasionally uses headphones, but now that you mention it, he does tend to use his phone a lot to listen to music in the car via an AUX input. He probably isn't using Bluetooth.

Now I'm trying to think if his phone rings when the AUX is not plugged in...I still don't think it does.

It does ring on his end when he receives the call, but when placing the call, there is no ringing heard. He occasionally uses headphones, but now that you mention it, he does tend to use his phone a lot to listen to music in the car via an AUX input. He probably isn't using Bluetooth.

Now I'm trying to think if his phone rings when the AUX is not plugged in...I still don't think it does.

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Strange Calling Issue

3 of 3 (1,005 Views)