So did I get the Amber update or not? (Lumina 820)

Contributor

So did I get the Amber update or not? (Lumina 820)

[ Edited ]

I have two Nokia Lumina 820s.  I got an update in Oct.  The current OS on both of them is 8.0.10328.78, and firmware revision number is 3046.0001.1326.0003 .  AT&T esupport pages say that this is the most current version for my phone.

The only update in Amber that interested me was the capability to add custom alert tones.  The Windows 8 How-to says that you must have OS version 8.0.10501.127 to use custom sounds for text.

So because I was too cheap to go with the 920, I don't get the entire Amber package?  Or has that update still not happened?

Other than that, I love my Windows phone and don't plan to ever go back to the world of Apple.  But it sure would be nice to be able to hear when I get texts.

Message 1 of 4 (7,901 Views)
Employee

Re: So did I get the Amber update or not? (Lumina 820)

Hi fstroupe, 

Based off the reserach I have done, the OS revision you have posted does not have the custom ringtones enabled on there. You should be able to download the latest version of the software via Settings - Phone Update. 

l

You can keep up-to-date with all Windows Phone 8 updates Here. Keep in mind that individual carriers have seperate release dates from when Microsoft announces it. 

ATTDmitry did post that the update is avaiable Here back in October. If your updates are failing to push, you may need to reach out to our tech support to help force the update to your device. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (7,836 Views)
ACE - Professor

8.0.10328.78 is GDR2 - this is the latest version available on the 820 on AT&T

8.0.10501.127 is GDR3 - this is NOT yet released by AT&T/Nokia for the 820 (or the 920, for that matter!)

You can self-install GDR3 but if you do, you do so at your own risk - see

https://forums.att.com/t5/Windows-Discussion-and-Support/Interested-in-getting-GDR3-Update-3-early/t...

Otherwise just wait until sometime early next year when the offical GDR3 update rolls out for the 820.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (7,797 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Logo, that is the latest update for me.  I look for a new one nearly every day lol.

Johninsj, obviously the feature ended up not being added to Amber as it was supposed to be.  I'll wait.

I'm INFJ myself. Smiley Happy

Thanks to both of you.

Message 4 of 4 (7,783 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.