Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 28, 2014
8:19:30 PM
View profile
Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

Hello everyone.  When I am in a call with my mother on her cell phone or home phone, I notice that, all of a sudden, I hear this single beep noise, as though a button has been pressed, like when you accidentally press a button on a touch tone phone.  Then the beep goes away and stays gone.  My mother and I both have touch screen cell phones.  She has an iPhone 5 and I have an LG Xpression.  What could be causing this noise?  Could it be interference of some sort?

Hello everyone.  When I am in a call with my mother on her cell phone or home phone, I notice that, all of a sudden, I hear this single beep noise, as though a button has been pressed, like when you accidentally press a button on a touch tone phone.  Then the beep goes away and stays gone.  My mother and I both have touch screen cell phones.  She has an iPhone 5 and I have an LG Xpression.  What could be causing this noise?  Could it be interference of some sort?

Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 2:44:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Maybe a notification from an app (e.g. email, voicemail, news update)?

Maybe a notification from an app (e.g. email, voicemail, news update)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

2 of 4 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 6:39:19 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by crkkuczek on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:48:01 AM

I currently do not have a smart phone.  I use an LG Xpression.  When I get alerts of text messages during calls, it sounds like a busy signal that beeps twice and that is it.  This actually sounds like someone is pressing a button on a touch tone phone, when both my mother and I have touch screen phones and we are not pressing any buttons.  This happens every time she and I are in a call.  Neither one oif us are getting alerts for anything.  It also happens when I am in a call with my grandmother, who I call once a week and talk to.

Update:  It occurred to me that a possible source of this beeping could be the minute minder setting on my phone.  So, I went and looked and the minute minder is turned off.

I currently do not have a smart phone.  I use an LG Xpression.  When I get alerts of text messages during calls, it sounds like a busy signal that beeps twice and that is it.  This actually sounds like someone is pressing a button on a touch tone phone, when both my mother and I have touch screen phones and we are not pressing any buttons.  This happens every time she and I are in a call.  Neither one oif us are getting alerts for anything.  It also happens when I am in a call with my grandmother, who I call once a week and talk to.

Update:  It occurred to me that a possible source of this beeping could be the minute minder setting on my phone.  So, I went and looked and the minute minder is turned off.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (613 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 10:28:57 AM
(0)
Scholar

Check your settings to make sure that you don't have your phone set to 'beep' every minute; this was an older form of letting customers know thier minute usage. Some phones like the Galaxy sII will beep before they connect to a call depending on what service provider you have.

Check your settings to make sure that you don't have your phone set to 'beep' every minute; this was an older form of letting customers know thier minute usage. Some phones like the Galaxy sII will beep before they connect to a call depending on what service provider you have.

4 of 4 (459 Views)