Helpful Links

Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

Teacher

Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

Hello everyone.  When I am in a call with my mother on her cell phone or home phone, I notice that, all of a sudden, I hear this single beep noise, as though a button has been pressed, like when you accidentally press a button on a touch tone phone.  Then the beep goes away and stays gone.  My mother and I both have touch screen cell phones.  She has an iPhone 5 and I have an LG Xpression.  What could be causing this noise?  Could it be interference of some sort?

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: Single Beep Noise When In A Call?

Maybe a notification from an app (e.g. email, voicemail, news update)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Teacher

I currently do not have a smart phone.  I use an LG Xpression.  When I get alerts of text messages during calls, it sounds like a busy signal that beeps twice and that is it.  This actually sounds like someone is pressing a button on a touch tone phone, when both my mother and I have touch screen phones and we are not pressing any buttons.  This happens every time she and I are in a call.  Neither one oif us are getting alerts for anything.  It also happens when I am in a call with my grandmother, who I call once a week and talk to.

Update:  It occurred to me that a possible source of this beeping could be the minute minder setting on my phone.  So, I went and looked and the minute minder is turned off.

Message 3 of 4
Scholar

Check your settings to make sure that you don't have your phone set to 'beep' every minute; this was an older form of letting customers know thier minute usage. Some phones like the Galaxy sII will beep before they connect to a call depending on what service provider you have.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support