Posted Aug 16, 2013
2:30:29 PM
Sim to Micro Sim

I have a AT&T Avail right now, with the original sim card on the $25 montly. I wanted to carry that over to my newly ordered samsung galaxy express, but soon realizing that the galaxy uses micro sims instead of the old sim cards. Is it possible that I get a new micro sim for my old account that I am currently using? If so, how much?

I have a AT&T Avail right now, with the original sim card on the $25 montly. I wanted to carry that over to my newly ordered samsung galaxy express, but soon realizing that the galaxy uses micro sims instead of the old sim cards. Is it possible that I get a new micro sim for my old account that I am currently using? If so, how much?

Sim to Micro Sim

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 6:40:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you should be able to get a new microSIM to use with your new phone. Sometimes there is no charge for them if you go to an AT&T corporate store, but they may run you up to $25. Of course, there are cheaper alternatives such as eBay or Amazon where you can find them for under $5 as well. I would recommend going to a store to have everything carry over to the new SIM.

You could also trim down your current SIM using a microSIM cutter (also on eBay) or a pair of scissors. You would have to be VERY careful if you were to use scissors. Personally, I didn't trust myself enough so I went ahead and bought myself a microSIM cutter. Didn't cost more than a couple bucks. :smileytongue:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Yes, you should be able to get a new microSIM to use with your new phone. Sometimes there is no charge for them if you go to an AT&T corporate store, but they may run you up to $25. Of course, there are cheaper alternatives such as eBay or Amazon where you can find them for under $5 as well. I would recommend going to a store to have everything carry over to the new SIM.

You could also trim down your current SIM using a microSIM cutter (also on eBay) or a pair of scissors. You would have to be VERY careful if you were to use scissors. Personally, I didn't trust myself enough so I went ahead and bought myself a microSIM cutter. Didn't cost more than a couple bucks. :smileytongue:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Sim to Micro Sim

2 of 4 (444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 6:14:38 AM
(0)
Thanks! Im going to a corporate store today so should get that cleared out.:-)
Thanks! Im going to a corporate store today so should get that cleared out.:-)

3 of 4 (421 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2013 8:34:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Awesome. Sounds great!

You're welcome! Enjoy your new phone! :smileyhappy:

Awesome. Sounds great!

You're welcome! Enjoy your new phone! :smileyhappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (353 Views)