Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 27, 2014
2:35:25 PM
View profile
Sim Card Question

ok so my parents got me a iphone 5c a while back. I am aware that its using a nano sim after reading about it online but how would i put the sim card in my iphone 4 without a adapter. I have not yet taken my sim out of the 5c but i know how.

Thanks

ok so my parents got me a iphone 5c a while back. I am aware that its using a nano sim after reading about it online but how would i put the sim card in my iphone 4 without a adapter. I have not yet taken my sim out of the 5c but i know how.

Thanks

Sim Card Question

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 3:20:03 PM
(0)
Former Employee

1melon1 wrote:

Thanks

I don't believe it is possible to put a nano-sim into an iPhone 4 without an adapter. Or rather, you can place it in the sim holder but don't expect it to work. Without an adapter, the sim contacts won't line up properly. 

1melon1 wrote:

Thanks

I don't believe it is possible to put a nano-sim into an iPhone 4 without an adapter. Or rather, you can place it in the sim holder but don't expect it to work. Without an adapter, the sim contacts won't line up properly. 

Re: Sim Card Question

2 of 12 (910 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 4:01:28 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That's correct. You will need to consider purchasing a nano-SIM adapter if you would like to occasionally swap your SIM back and forth between phones. Kind of a pain how the cell phone manufacturers keep switching the sizes of SIM cards.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That's correct. You will need to consider purchasing a nano-SIM adapter if you would like to occasionally swap your SIM back and forth between phones. Kind of a pain how the cell phone manufacturers keep switching the sizes of SIM cards.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (896 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 4:54:10 PM
(0)
Teacher
could i use like tape to keep it in place

4 of 12 (873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 5:39:31 PM
(0)
Master
Anything possible but the tape May gum up some of the contacts not the iPhone?????

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Anything possible but the tape May gum up some of the contacts not the iPhone?????

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

5 of 12 (868 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 6:33:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

1melon1 wrote:

Like youngjm stated, I wouldn't recommend using anything sticky such as tape as a "makeshift" solution. I suppose you could try if you really wanted to, but there's still no guarantee that it will work correctly. It's better just to do it the right way. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

1melon1 wrote:

Like youngjm stated, I wouldn't recommend using anything sticky such as tape as a "makeshift" solution. I suppose you could try if you really wanted to, but there's still no guarantee that it will work correctly. It's better just to do it the right way. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 12 (858 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 8:44:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

There is a reason why it's called an "adapter."  It adapts the SIM to fit.

As stated, a homemade solution could do more damage than good.  What's the objection to spending a few bucks to get what you need?

There is a reason why it's called an "adapter."  It adapts the SIM to fit.

As stated, a homemade solution could do more damage than good.  What's the objection to spending a few bucks to get what you need?

7 of 12 (834 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:24:41 AM
(0)
Employee

You could always just go to an AT&T Corporate Store and get a new SIM card for free. Smiley Very Happy

You could always just go to an AT&T Corporate Store and get a new SIM card for free. Smiley Very Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 12 (716 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:49:50 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by sandblaster on Jan 30, 2014 at 2:59:13 PM

OhItsIta wrote:

But if the OP wants to swap a sim back and forth between an iphone 5c and iphone 4, the adapter is the way to go. If you get a new sim for the iphone 4, it would be a micro-sim and won't fit in the 5c.

OhItsIta wrote:

But if the OP wants to swap a sim back and forth between an iphone 5c and iphone 4, the adapter is the way to go. If you get a new sim for the iphone 4, it would be a micro-sim and won't fit in the 5c.

[ Edited ]
9 of 12 (713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 10:48:20 AM
(0)
Master

sandblaster wrote:

OhItsIta wrote:

But the OP wants to swap a sim back and forth between an iphone 5c and iphone 4, the adapter is the way to go. If you get a new sim for the iphone 4, it would be a micro-sim and won't fit in the 5c.

Sounds like a great opportunity for ATT to sell adaptors.  It would be cheaper then providing a new sIM everytime a user wants to make a switch and maintain the ability to switch between phone models.....

In the beginning of GSM, the ability to move a SIM from one phone to another without having to involve the carrier was a big plus.  Given technology today, it would be nice if the networks would just recognize the new phone now enabled on the network and make changes to the data plans as appropriate when the change does not cause loss of grandfathered plan, change in cost, etc....  Send the user a text message letting them know about the change and that no action is necessary and/or have the text message let the user know they need to call ATT, etc...

Even take it a step further and get back to data plans that are more generic but capable of handling a users swapping of phones.  I.e.  have a smartphone plan vs an iPhone plan or android plan.  As stated above, today's backend systems should be smartenough to auto switch any settings impacting brand specific data or voice mail issues.

JAT (Just a Thought)

sandblaster wrote:

OhItsIta wrote:

But the OP wants to swap a sim back and forth between an iphone 5c and iphone 4, the adapter is the way to go. If you get a new sim for the iphone 4, it would be a micro-sim and won't fit in the 5c.

Sounds like a great opportunity for ATT to sell adaptors.  It would be cheaper then providing a new sIM everytime a user wants to make a switch and maintain the ability to switch between phone models.....

In the beginning of GSM, the ability to move a SIM from one phone to another without having to involve the carrier was a big plus.  Given technology today, it would be nice if the networks would just recognize the new phone now enabled on the network and make changes to the data plans as appropriate when the change does not cause loss of grandfathered plan, change in cost, etc....  Send the user a text message letting them know about the change and that no action is necessary and/or have the text message let the user know they need to call ATT, etc...

Even take it a step further and get back to data plans that are more generic but capable of handling a users swapping of phones.  I.e.  have a smartphone plan vs an iPhone plan or android plan.  As stated above, today's backend systems should be smartenough to auto switch any settings impacting brand specific data or voice mail issues.

JAT (Just a Thought)

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

10 of 12 (707 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:38:07 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi 1melon1, 

I highly advise against using a SIM adapter for the iPhone or any phone that uses a Tray or spring device to load the SIM. I have personally saw a number of devices where the SIM slot was damaged and the device was unable to be used.

As others have posted, if you want to switch the best way is to visit an AT&T Company and getting a replacement one for free

Hi 1melon1, 

I highly advise against using a SIM adapter for the iPhone or any phone that uses a Tray or spring device to load the SIM. I have personally saw a number of devices where the SIM slot was damaged and the device was unable to be used.

As others have posted, if you want to switch the best way is to visit an AT&T Company and getting a replacement one for free

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 12 (676 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 10:50:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

If I may ask, why not use the new iPhone 5c completly, instead  of switching back and forth with the iPhone 4, and messing with sim cards?Smiley Surprised

If I may ask, why not use the new iPhone 5c completly, instead  of switching back and forth with the iPhone 4, and messing with sim cards?Smiley Surprised

12 of 12 (662 Views)