Ask a question

Posted Jan 22, 2014
    2:44:24 PM
    View profile
    Should I get the iPhone 5S or the 5C?

Hello everyone.  I am in the market to get a smart phone and since I have an iPod Touch, which I am satisfied with, I have chosen to get an Apple product.  I am considering purchasing either the Apple iPhone 5C or the 5S.  Which one would be the better buy?

Should I get the iPhone 5S or the 5C?

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 22, 2014 3:33:51 PM
    (0)
    Employee

Hey,

This apple site gives the tech differences.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

I think it boils down, to faster processor ~ twice as fast,  fingerprint identity sensor, better stabilization and flash for the camera.

Due to increasing requirements for updates, apple, stops updating phones after a few years. The 5s will last just a little bit longer. It probably won't matter, unless you keep your phone for a long time.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Should I get the iPhone 5S or the 5C?

2 of 6 (811 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 23, 2014 5:48:47 AM
    (0)
    Master

If you can afford it, I would get the 5S.  In this link is a side by side comparison between the 2 devices to give you a better idea of the differences between them.   http://www.gizmag.com/iphone-5s-vs-iphone-5c/29934/

3 of 6 (737 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 23, 2014 11:03:42 AM
    (0)
    Master

crkkuczek wrote:

Hello everyone.  I am in the market to get a smart phone and since I have an iPod Touch, which I am satisfied with, I have chosen to get an Apple product.  I am considering purchasing either the Apple iPhone 5C or the 5S.  Which one would be the better buy?

I would buy the biggest iPhone you can afford.  For me I would look at the middle level 5S.  I use my iPhone a lot and listen to lots of music, etc...  I also think that having the 5S gives you a longer support life if you are not going to get a new iPhone every two years.  

I will tell you that I got my daughter a 5C in the 16GB model and do not regret it.  She already had bought her self an iPad Mini so capacity for lots of programs was not an issue.  I think that for kids in High School, the 5C is a great relatively inexpensive option.  We find that having access to email and other programs at school is becoming so ingrained in what they do and how they interact with her teachers that this allowed me to not spend a lot to get her into a smart phone.

Evaluate your needs and what you see yourself doing.  If you are going to replace your iPod with the iPhone, get the most memory you can afford.  There really is no wrong answer to this question and if you get the 5C, you can fret over which color to get.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (705 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 26, 2014 6:27:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    If you like colorful, I think you'll like the 5c. Personally, I would fork over the extra cash and go with the 5s. Very elegant and beautiful design; possibly the best looking iPhone to date. Should you decide to sell it in the future, it will also bring in significantly more money than a 5c model would. iPhones hold their resale value very well, too.

I have been using an iPhone 4 for a year and and half and I love it. Not a day goes by that I am not amazed with it. I am considering upgrading to an iPhone 5s within the next year or two. I strongly believe that Apple makes the fastest-responding and most dependable smartphones, which is exactly what I need.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (617 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 26, 2014 7:19:35 PM
    (0)
    Professor

How long do you plan to keep the phone?  The 5s will have a higher resale value.

6 of 6 (609 Views)