Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 8, 2011
8:34:45 PM
Should AT&T Change their DATA Plans back to UNLIMITED??????

I think that if enough people complain, AT&T will have to change their plans back to unlimited. HELP SPREAD THE WORD SO THAT ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! Maybe soon we won't have to pay those expensive prices for such little bit of Data!

I think that if enough people complain, AT&T will have to change their plans back to unlimited. HELP SPREAD THE WORD SO THAT ENOUGH PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN!!!!!!!! Maybe soon we won't have to pay those expensive prices for such little bit of Data!

Should AT&T Change their DATA Plans back to UNLIMITED??????

18 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2011 9:22:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Jul 8, 2011 at 9:23:15 PM
Honestly, I don't think they should. They're not going to either, probably no matter how much their existing and potential customers may complain. AT&T is a company that's set straight on their priorities, and bringing back Unlimited Data is one that is at the very bottom of their 'To Do' list.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Honestly, I don't think they should. They're not going to either, probably no matter how much their existing and potential customers may complain. AT&T is a company that's set straight on their priorities, and bringing back Unlimited Data is one that is at the very bottom of their 'To Do' list.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Should AT&T Change their DATA Plans back to UNLIMITED??????

[ Edited ]
2 of 19 (1,775 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 5:05:12 AM
(0)
Expert

timsmith1852 wrote:

No they should not, there is only one tier 1/2 carrier left that does not have either a limited plan or a unlimited with soft cap plan, this is Sprint, given their current financial situation they will stay that way.  T-Mobile softcaps at 5 GB,l Verizon just implemented the limited data plans and removed their unlimtied plan.

timsmith1852 wrote:

No they should not, there is only one tier 1/2 carrier left that does not have either a limited plan or a unlimited with soft cap plan, this is Sprint, given their current financial situation they will stay that way.  T-Mobile softcaps at 5 GB,l Verizon just implemented the limited data plans and removed their unlimtied plan.

3 of 19 (1,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 5:14:01 AM
(0)
Scholar
Why should ATT change back to unlimited data plans now--especially since Verizon followed suit? T-Mobile had no choice because it's customer numbers are going down quickly. Sprint isn't in better shape either. I think many people knew this was going to eventually happen. I also believe you'll see this happening on internet services you get at home.
Why should ATT change back to unlimited data plans now--especially since Verizon followed suit? T-Mobile had no choice because it's customer numbers are going down quickly. Sprint isn't in better shape either. I think many people knew this was going to eventually happen. I also believe you'll see this happening on internet services you get at home.

4 of 19 (1,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2011 7:37:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

timsmith1852 wrote:

It's been a year since AT&T dropped unlimited. I doubt more than a handful of people care. It's very likely all of the people who care are here on this forum Smiley Happy

timsmith1852 wrote:

It's been a year since AT&T dropped unlimited. I doubt more than a handful of people care. It's very likely all of the people who care are here on this forum Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 19 (1,746 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 11:32:01 AM
(0)
Professor

timsmith1852 wrote:

Complaining helped to get additional data with the tethering plan, HSUPA enabled on the 4G devices, and the installing from unknown sources enabled on some current and future Android devices. But with this, you are highly unlikely to see it have any affect. Despite eliminating the unlimited plan, the smartphone base continues to grow at a rapid rate. This doesn't provide any pressure on the carriers to give in.

timsmith1852 wrote:

Complaining helped to get additional data with the tethering plan, HSUPA enabled on the 4G devices, and the installing from unknown sources enabled on some current and future Android devices. But with this, you are highly unlikely to see it have any affect. Despite eliminating the unlimited plan, the smartphone base continues to grow at a rapid rate. This doesn't provide any pressure on the carriers to give in.

6 of 19 (1,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 2:52:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Got motorola atrix and added unlimited text and the highest data package about a week ago.  In the 100 or so times I have tried to get into google, the att site, yahoo, browser, facebook, hotmail, anything - I have reached the internet probably 10 times.  Network is unavailable.  Server is busy, and other error messages.  I don't think it matters if ATT goes to unlimited because the internet access is so poor that I can't get to it at all anyway.  I am paying for service (again) from ATT that I'm not getting.  Even at home where I have wi fi, I still can't use the browser on the phone.  What am I doing wrong, and if it's not me, can ATT please send me a check for the service I'm paying for and not getting?  So short answer is - providing an unlimited amount of zero service is still zero service.  PS I live in St. Louis, Missouri.

Got motorola atrix and added unlimited text and the highest data package about a week ago.  In the 100 or so times I have tried to get into google, the att site, yahoo, browser, facebook, hotmail, anything - I have reached the internet probably 10 times.  Network is unavailable.  Server is busy, and other error messages.  I don't think it matters if ATT goes to unlimited because the internet access is so poor that I can't get to it at all anyway.  I am paying for service (again) from ATT that I'm not getting.  Even at home where I have wi fi, I still can't use the browser on the phone.  What am I doing wrong, and if it's not me, can ATT please send me a check for the service I'm paying for and not getting?  So short answer is - providing an unlimited amount of zero service is still zero service.  PS I live in St. Louis, Missouri.

7 of 19 (1,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2011 3:04:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That sounds like both a network and phone issue, but if the phone cannot connect to Wi-Fi, it for sure sounds like the phone's issue. Have you thought about getting the phone exchanged or replaced under warranty?

Maybe it could make a difference and enable you to connect the the Internet instantly without any frustration. You may just have a bad phone - you never know.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That sounds like both a network and phone issue, but if the phone cannot connect to Wi-Fi, it for sure sounds like the phone's issue. Have you thought about getting the phone exchanged or replaced under warranty?

Maybe it could make a difference and enable you to connect the the Internet instantly without any frustration. You may just have a bad phone - you never know.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 19 (1,713 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 12, 2011 2:53:44 PM
(0)
Employee
yup if wifi isn't working with any wifi signal its a phone issue.
yup if wifi isn't working with any wifi signal its a phone issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 19 (1,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2011 7:21:29 PM
(0)
Expert
as stated above try a warranty claim either through attm directly or motorola directly (hopefully you have a temp phone to use if you take this option), but the 1st thing to try would be a master rest of the phone or installing and using another browser like opera or firefox or other such browsers that are availble, myself i use opera 5 and 4, opera 5 gives tabbed browsing that i love and the ability to copy and paste as well.
as stated above try a warranty claim either through attm directly or motorola directly (hopefully you have a temp phone to use if you take this option), but the 1st thing to try would be a master rest of the phone or installing and using another browser like opera or firefox or other such browsers that are availble, myself i use opera 5 and 4, opera 5 gives tabbed browsing that i love and the ability to copy and paste as well.

10 of 19 (1,576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 11:15:52 AM
(0)
Mentor

YES !  At the rate they're going they'll be loosing customers over the cost issues $$$.  They continue to raise and raise and raise.

I'm getting to the point where I really can't afford it anymore.  We signed on at $20 per month for 1000 shaded minutes, now it's $50 for 550 shared minutes. 

So now have half the number of minutes to share and more than a 100% in $$$ increase with none of the new bells and whistles they

offer for a price.  Hope this works for us as my family is on ATT, but if not I'll be looking for a more economical plan or just back to no cell phone.  It worked before.

And if they merge then we only have 3 major carriers to choose from ?   Not a pretty picture.  Back to the day of "Ma Bell" before they

got broken up.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat !

YES !  At the rate they're going they'll be loosing customers over the cost issues $$$.  They continue to raise and raise and raise.

I'm getting to the point where I really can't afford it anymore.  We signed on at $20 per month for 1000 shaded minutes, now it's $50 for 550 shared minutes. 

So now have half the number of minutes to share and more than a 100% in $$$ increase with none of the new bells and whistles they

offer for a price.  Hope this works for us as my family is on ATT, but if not I'll be looking for a more economical plan or just back to no cell phone.  It worked before.

And if they merge then we only have 3 major carriers to choose from ?   Not a pretty picture.  Back to the day of "Ma Bell" before they

got broken up.

11 of 19 (1,502 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2011 3:55:40 PM
(0)
Expert

Bubey2 wrote:

got broken up.

you already only have 3 major carriers to choose from

Verizon

ATT

Sprint

are the top 3. As far as unlimited data - ain;t gonna happen, verizon has dropped thier unlimited smartphone data plan alerady, Sprint is the only tier 1-3 carrier that has unlimited still. T-Mobile - tier 4 or 5, has a "unlimited plan" put if you exceed a specifc set amount of data that is documented in their fair use polciy, you are throttled severly. A little clue - all cariers keep raising their rates, not just ATT, this is true throughout the business world, the cost of business goes up, the cost if passed on to teh consumer.

By the way - you are paying for the minutes AND a second phone for that price, not just air time, so deducte 9.99 for the second line and you are at the cost of the air time. Don;t really remember 1k minutes for 20.00 in a family pan though - how many decades ago was that?

Bubey2 wrote:

got broken up.

you already only have 3 major carriers to choose from

Verizon

ATT

Sprint

are the top 3. As far as unlimited data - ain;t gonna happen, verizon has dropped thier unlimited smartphone data plan alerady, Sprint is the only tier 1-3 carrier that has unlimited still. T-Mobile - tier 4 or 5, has a "unlimited plan" put if you exceed a specifc set amount of data that is documented in their fair use polciy, you are throttled severly. A little clue - all cariers keep raising their rates, not just ATT, this is true throughout the business world, the cost of business goes up, the cost if passed on to teh consumer.

By the way - you are paying for the minutes AND a second phone for that price, not just air time, so deducte 9.99 for the second line and you are at the cost of the air time. Don;t really remember 1k minutes for 20.00 in a family pan though - how many decades ago was that?

12 of 19 (1,494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2011 5:49:33 AM
(0)
Guru

Never. Gonna. Happen. Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously misguided.

timsmith1852 wrote:

Never. Gonna. Happen. Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously misguided.

timsmith1852 wrote:

13 of 19 (1,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2011 10:23:19 AM
(0)
Professor
Att will do what att wants to do. If million dollar. Corporations. Argued before FCC and fauled in efforts to stop other even larger decisions....what. voice do we minions have. Att claimed they listened to the custoners that. We "asked for the removal of unlimited". Like to know who these customers are, maybe "they" can have it brought back.

All in all what makes moost money at least expenses and service is the wave
Att will do what att wants to do. If million dollar. Corporations. Argued before FCC and fauled in efforts to stop other even larger decisions....what. voice do we minions have. Att claimed they listened to the custoners that. We "asked for the removal of unlimited". Like to know who these customers are, maybe "they" can have it brought back.

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

14 of 19 (1,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 1:31:35 PM
(0)
Expert

RicoLX wrote:

isn't the free market wonderful. Works the same way for verizon,sprint, ford, gm,and any other company that is not created as a not for profit organization.

RicoLX wrote:

isn't the free market wonderful. Works the same way for verizon,sprint, ford, gm,and any other company that is not created as a not for profit organization.

15 of 19 (1,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 4:41:08 PM
(0)
Professor
You said it, Wingrider, you said it...
You said it, Wingrider, you said it...
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

16 of 19 (1,442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 2:28:36 PM
(0)
Contributor

Why should they go back to unlimited when we can get on WiFi fer free? I always do things on my phone over WiFi to save on my data usage which will only be used when I travel or go around town. WiFi is free fer all of us to use so why complain?

Why should they go back to unlimited when we can get on WiFi fer free? I always do things on my phone over WiFi to save on my data usage which will only be used when I travel or go around town. WiFi is free fer all of us to use so why complain?

17 of 19 (1,003 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 10, 2013 9:39:31 PM
(0)
Expert

Josh9899 wrote:

Not everyone has Wifi where they are...home, work...believe it or not! ATT will probably never go back to having Unlimited Data Plans but there are people that still have them, (grandfathered), and want to keep them. Can't blame them for that! 

Personally, I use Wifi whenever I can and hardly dip into my old 2GB data plan. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Josh9899 wrote:

Not everyone has Wifi where they are...home, work...believe it or not! ATT will probably never go back to having Unlimited Data Plans but there are people that still have them, (grandfathered), and want to keep them. Can't blame them for that! 

Personally, I use Wifi whenever I can and hardly dip into my old 2GB data plan. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

18 of 19 (973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 3:36:23 PM
(0)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

19 of 19 (930 Views)