Sharing a data plan?

Scholar

Sharing a data plan?

Thought I posted this the other day but I must have hit the wrong button. So here I go again:

Was talking to my nephew about his ATT service (voice and data). He and his wife have a familt talk plan and each had 300 mb of data for $20 each per month ($40 total). He called an ATT rep to add the $10 per month tablet plan for his iPad and the rep said he can give him a better data plan with a new 2 year agreement.

He says he signed up to get 2 gb of data that the 2 of them can share for $30 total per month. Is this possible? I thought data was not allowed to be shared.

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Sharing a data plan?

Kind of. The 2gb shared data plans are $50 per month but that included texting, so if you take the $20 texting charge off, it is $30 per month BUT each smartphone is $45 per month, no discount on second for family plan and the tablet is $10 per month.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Employee

You can share the data and voice, yes. But that price for Two Smartphones and a Tablet doesn't add up right, with the 2Gb plan. I've calculated approximately $150, before taxes, of course.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 7
Expert

dtsxonxchoppas wrote:
You can share the data and voice, yes. But that price for Two Smartphones and a Tablet doesn't add up right, with the 2Gb plan. I've calculated approximately $150, before taxes, of course.

In mobile share unlimited voice and texting is included in the base cost of the 2GB of data, for a accurate price comparision you need to remove that from the equation. In an unsahred single phone plan that cost is 20.00, in a family style plan that cost is 30.00

for 50.00 you get 2GB of data, unlimited voice, unlimited text and the ability to add 7 more devices for a nominal charge.

Message 4 of 7
Employee

I'm actually confused, honestly.

To break down what I was saying: The Mobile Share 2Gb plan is $50 for the Plan, $45 for each Smartphone, and $10 for every Tablet.
I've calculated, based on the customer above situation - Two Smartphones, and One Tablet, which is about $250, right?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7
Expert

dtsxonxchoppas wrote:
I'm actually confused, honestly.

To break down what I was saying: The Mobile Share 2Gb plan is $50 for the Plan, $45 for each Smartphone, and $10 for every Tablet.
I've calculated, based on the customer above situation - Two Smartphones, and One Tablet, which is about $250, right?

50.00 - 2 gb

90.00 - 2 smartphones (45.00 X 2)

10.00 - 1 tablet

--------

70.00 - 4GB

80.00 - 2 smartphones (40.00 X 2)

10.00 - 1 tablet

--------

120.00 - 10GB

060.00 - 2 smartphones (30.00 X 2)

010.00 - 1 tablet

---------

to hit your 250.00 price ot would be

160.00 - 15 GB

060.00 - 2 smartphones (30 X 2)

010.00 - tablet

----------

Message 6 of 7
Employee

Yeah that's right. That's what I was saying the first time I posted on ‎09-03-2013 at 07:47:22 AM!

I see that I posted $250 in your post , that was a mistake, I meant $150.

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support