Service temporarily unavailable (21)

Teacher

Service temporarily unavailable (21)

Good morning!

I am currently on the PayGo Simple Plan, and I just purchased a Data package. I have a Samsung A-167 phone, and I have a problem. I can send and receive both calls and texts, but whenever I try to check my email I get a message that says" Service temporarily unavailable (21). Please try again later". I do have a full set of bars, indicating I have a good signal, and also, I have checked my account login information, and it is correct. This has been going on for 3 days now, how can I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 8 (1,270 Views)
Teacher

Re: Service temporarily unavailable (21)

Anybody?

Message 2 of 8 (1,220 Views)
ACE - Guru

Not sure,maybe they are doing something on the network.
Go check with AT&T.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (1,212 Views)
Master

It sounds to me that something with the phone's data system is not working correctly. You're sure that the data package is active and should be working?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 8 (1,166 Views)
Teacher

Good morning, Wild Banchi! Thank you for your reply.

I talked with an AT&T representative last night, and she spent a great deal of time working with me to resolve the problem. Excellent service, I might add-and we determined that this problem was not an AT&T issue, but a problem with Comcast, where I have the email account in question. If Comcast has as good technical assistance as AT&T, then I should be able to get the problem taken care of pronto. 

Thanks again for your response!!

Message 5 of 8 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]

"anzie wrote:

Good morning, Wild Banchi! Thank you for your reply.

I talked with an AT&T representative last night.... If Comcast has as good technical assistance as AT&T, then I should be able to get the problem taken care of pronto." 

Same problem here, but my AT&T rep was mostly worthless. Kept suggesting "solutions" that contradicted exactly what I had just told her. Suggested buying a data plan. Put on hold three times so she could come back with another wrong answer.
Her solution was to buy a new phone.

One thing that DID help was to try a different email acct. I signed up for a Yahoo.mail acct and could connect via phone, so I did start suspecting Comcast.
Comcast has an online chat, so I somewhat quickly found out there was a power outage that was causing the problem. No indication when it will resolve though.

Message 6 of 8 (1,120 Views)
Teacher

Sorry you had a less-than-helpful AT&T rep, Wild Banchi!!

I guess you just never know until there's a problem!!

Thanks for the info about Comcast having a "power outage". 

What is working for me, so far with the Comcast email problem, is to have my Comcast email forwarded to Hotmail, and I have set up my phone to access Hotmail; not only does this work, it works lots better than accessing Comcast email via phone ever did. It's interesting that Hotmail is free, whereas I have to pay for Comcast. If only I had access to some other cable/internet company, but I don't. 

I'm glad Yahoo is working for you-and may it continue!!

Message 7 of 8 (1,103 Views)
Highlighted

anzie wrote:

Sorry you had a less-than-helpful AT&T rep.

I guess you just never know until there's a problem!!

Thanks for the info about Comcast having a "power outage". 

I'm glad Yahoo is working for you-and may it continue!!

My mobile email started working again this afternoon. Guess Comcast was the culprit (it had been on the fritz for nearly a week I think)--luckily, I could check email on the desktop computer, so it wasn't a major problem.

I considered that it might be a problem with EITHER AT&T or Comcast, and chose AT&T support arbitrarily. I think I made the wrong choice.

Message 8 of 8 (1,089 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.