Posted Feb 10, 2010
6:33:35 AM
View profile
Server Not Responding

The past 3 days I have received a "Server Not Responding" message on my iPhone 3GS & wife's when attepting to read e-mails or access web at home.  Had no server connection issues for the previous 2 or so years that I have had phone.  Signal strength is full & have powered phone off & on in an effort to reset. 

Phoned ATT this morning to inquire, but grew impatient with customer service rep when every question I asked I was promptly put on hold so she could research further - so I hung up after 15 minutes.  

Any input from others would be greatly appreciated as obviously the rep I spoke with has no clue on how to resolve. 

Thanks 

The past 3 days I have received a "Server Not Responding" message on my iPhone 3GS & wife's when attepting to read e-mails or access web at home.  Had no server connection issues for the previous 2 or so years that I have had phone.  Signal strength is full & have powered phone off & on in an effort to reset. 

Phoned ATT this morning to inquire, but grew impatient with customer service rep when every question I asked I was promptly put on hold so she could research further - so I hung up after 15 minutes.  

Any input from others would be greatly appreciated as obviously the rep I spoke with has no clue on how to resolve. 

Thanks 

Server Not Responding

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 7:28:29 AM
(0)
Professor

The message is a result of the email servers for your email not responding.  Why would you call AT&T about an issue with your email account?  AT&T has nothing to do with supporting  your email.

Are you having problems accessing your email from a computer?

Have you contacted your email provider?

The message is a result of the email servers for your email not responding.  Why would you call AT&T about an issue with your email account?  AT&T has nothing to do with supporting  your email.

Are you having problems accessing your email from a computer?

Have you contacted your email provider?

Re: Server Not Responding

2 of 16 (24,176 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 7:37:59 AM
(0)
Teacher
This has happened a few times since I purchased my iPhone a few months ago. I find the problem is solved by turning the phone off and then on.
This has happened a few times since I purchased my iPhone a few months ago. I find the problem is solved by turning the phone off and then on.

3 of 16 (24,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 7:45:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

I guess my description wasn't specific enough - I can't connect to the network with the my iPhone - ie - Google, Yahoo, MSN Mobile, Weather, etc. Phone shows maximum signal strength (5 full bars) but the application will time out and give me SERVER NOT RESPONDING message on the phone screen.  This is at my home only - and as stated previously all network applications worked perfect until a couple of days ago.  All web applications work perfect at work - which makes no sense to me.

THANKS 

I guess my description wasn't specific enough - I can't connect to the network with the my iPhone - ie - Google, Yahoo, MSN Mobile, Weather, etc. Phone shows maximum signal strength (5 full bars) but the application will time out and give me SERVER NOT RESPONDING message on the phone screen.  This is at my home only - and as stated previously all network applications worked perfect until a couple of days ago.  All web applications work perfect at work - which makes no sense to me.

THANKS 

4 of 16 (24,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:11:51 PM
(0)
Master

Are you connected to WiFi at home?  If so, have you tried resetting both your home WiFi router and resetting your netwrok settings on your phone in the settings?

If your not connected to WiFi at home it could be a tower issue.  If you've restarted your iPhone and your still having problems then I'd call ATT to report it.

Are you connected to WiFi at home?  If so, have you tried resetting both your home WiFi router and resetting your netwrok settings on your phone in the settings?

If your not connected to WiFi at home it could be a tower issue.  If you've restarted your iPhone and your still having problems then I'd call ATT to report it.

5 of 16 (24,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2010 2:35:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I did speak with AT&T & was advised to fix by turning OFF the 3G NETWORK......SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK - ENABLE 3G - TURN TO OFF.

They are apparently having 3G Network issues in the SE.

Glad I updated to the 3G iPhone !!!

Thanks for the response.  I did speak with AT&T & was advised to fix by turning OFF the 3G NETWORK......SETTINGS - GENERAL - NETWORK - ENABLE 3G - TURN TO OFF.

They are apparently having 3G Network issues in the SE.

Glad I updated to the 3G iPhone !!!

6 of 16 (24,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 12:53:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

Satchev (wireless guru??)

You are wrong. This is an AT&T server issue having nothing to do with email servers.

Why would you post a comment without knowledge?

Why couldn't you sit there and just read without posting an irrelevant answer?

AT&T is overwhelmed due to not anticipating the data usage from IPhone users and has failed to keep up.

Satchev (wireless guru??)

You are wrong. This is an AT&T server issue having nothing to do with email servers.

Why would you post a comment without knowledge?

Why couldn't you sit there and just read without posting an irrelevant answer?

AT&T is overwhelmed due to not anticipating the data usage from IPhone users and has failed to keep up.

7 of 16 (24,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2010 7:56:16 PM
(0)
Professor

Speak for yourself Tpower, I personally do not have any network issues.

I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I have had on AT&T in the decade I have been with them.

It is extremely rare that I have data connectivity issues.

While you may be experiencing issues, there are still 10's of millions of users that are not experiencing issues.

I am really curious why you ar so defensive over a post that I made that in no way affected or referenced you.

Speak for yourself Tpower, I personally do not have any network issues.

I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I have had on AT&T in the decade I have been with them.

It is extremely rare that I have data connectivity issues.

While you may be experiencing issues, there are still 10's of millions of users that are not experiencing issues.

I am really curious why you ar so defensive over a post that I made that in no way affected or referenced you.

8 of 16 (24,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 27, 2012 2:53:50 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hey, I have a brand new iphone 5.  my phone is doing the same thing at home and at work.  very frustrating.  My kids have one too and their's are not doing this.  Any help out there

Hey, I have a brand new iphone 5.  my phone is doing the same thing at home and at work.  very frustrating.  My kids have one too and their's are not doing this.  Any help out there

9 of 16 (14,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 9:43:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have the new iPhone 5 as well.  Just got it set up on Wednesday.  Today mine stopped connecting to email, Safari, Pandora, etc.  To fix it I went into Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.  After that everything worked again.  I did this once on my 3GS that was having the same problem and it corrected everything as it did for me today.  I don't know why this happens.  Whatever Wifi connections you have set up, you will have to re enter the passcodes to get connected again.

I have the new iPhone 5 as well.  Just got it set up on Wednesday.  Today mine stopped connecting to email, Safari, Pandora, etc.  To fix it I went into Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.  After that everything worked again.  I did this once on my 3GS that was having the same problem and it corrected everything as it did for me today.  I don't know why this happens.  Whatever Wifi connections you have set up, you will have to re enter the passcodes to get connected again.

10 of 16 (14,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 10:03:17 AM
(0)
Employee

cah02211 wrote:

Next time this happens to you, try rebooting the phone first. That way you won't have to re-enter wifi passwords. 

cah02211 wrote:

Next time this happens to you, try rebooting the phone first. That way you won't have to re-enter wifi passwords. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 16 (14,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2012 12:56:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Having similar issues.  iphone 5. 

Says will be connected to LTE network with 4 or 5 bars.  No internets access at all for safari, email or anything else that needs to connect.  If I go to settings-->general-->cellular--> and switch enable lte to off, wait 30 seconds and flip it back on, everything works fine. 

My daughter is having the same problem with iphone 5 and a buddy with an iphone 5 mentioned the same thing to me last night.

Any ideas?

Having similar issues.  iphone 5. 

Says will be connected to LTE network with 4 or 5 bars.  No internets access at all for safari, email or anything else that needs to connect.  If I go to settings-->general-->cellular--> and switch enable lte to off, wait 30 seconds and flip it back on, everything works fine. 

My daughter is having the same problem with iphone 5 and a buddy with an iphone 5 mentioned the same thing to me last night.

Any ideas?

12 of 16 (14,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 9:22:26 AM
(0)
Mentor
My iPhone 5 has been disconnecting from its LTE connection. It shows LTE and good signal at the top, but anything that uses data stops working. I have to turn off LTE and turn it back on for it to work or I have to turn phone off. This happens all of a sudden or sometimes after a phone call. AT&T already reset me on the network and I also reset all network settings on phone.Please Help!

My iPhone 5 has been disconnecting from its LTE connection. It shows LTE and good signal at the top, but anything that uses data stops working. I have to turn off LTE and turn it back on for it to work or I have to turn phone off. This happens all of a sudden or sometimes after a phone call. AT&T already reset me on the network and I also reset all network settings on phone.Please Help!

13 of 16 (13,585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 10:31:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

After reading several different forums this is not just an iPhone issue perhaps stating where you are located it may just be area related since most of us are not experiencing these failures.

After reading several different forums this is not just an iPhone issue perhaps stating where you are located it may just be area related since most of us are not experiencing these failures.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

14 of 16 (13,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2013 12:18:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

Happening for me in Oklahoma City. Know of at least three others with iphone 5 near me that are having same problem.

Happening for me in Oklahoma City. Know of at least three others with iphone 5 near me that are having same problem.

15 of 16 (13,537 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 1:26:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Me too. Sorry satchev your outnumbered. We all must enjoy wasting AT&T time lol and ours is fine. We like to waste time playing with employees and our money for 3G/4g we have. Not to mention we pay their assets.
Me too. Sorry satchev your outnumbered. We all must enjoy wasting AT&T time lol and ours is fine. We like to waste time playing with employees and our money for 3G/4g we have. Not to mention we pay their assets.

16 of 16 (6,517 Views)