Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Reply
Posted Aug 22, 2013
11:21:52 PM
Scam
This is such a scam how come At&t, Charges so mutch for so little? There sevice is always terrible don't get me started about customer support. Its a joke and only getting worse, I've been a loyal customer for along time back when Cingular was my provider I fell robbed every ttime I get my bill.sorry to say going to drop my family plan and go with Verizon.At&t what wrong with you? You use to be the best but now I wouldn't mind switching to sprint to get away from you.....
This is such a scam how come At&t, Charges so mutch for so little? There sevice is always terrible don't get me started about customer support. Its a joke and only getting worse, I've been a loyal customer for along time back when Cingular was my provider I fell robbed every ttime I get my bill.sorry to say going to drop my family plan and go with Verizon.At&t what wrong with you? You use to be the best but now I wouldn't mind switching to sprint to get away from you.....

Scam

362 views
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Reply
View all replies
(7)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 5:34:36 AM
0
(0)
Expert
Edited by Taylarie on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:22:10 PM

Hi datathieves....are you having a problem that someone can try to help you with?? From the looks of your username, I'd think it has something to do with your data?? If you'd explain a little more, maybe there is someone here that could suggest something for you. 

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Hi datathieves....are you having a problem that someone can try to help you with?? From the looks of your username, I'd think it has something to do with your data?? If you'd explain a little more, maybe there is someone here that could suggest something for you. 

 




 REGRET NOTHING~


     we live & learn~

Re: Scam

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (335 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 10:37:14 AM
0
(0)
Tutor
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..

Re: Scam

3 of 8 (313 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 11:11:16 AM
0
(0)
Expert

datathieves wrote:
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..

their pocketbook will throttle them, unlike att throttling users of the discontinued unlimited plan that has no additional monitary penalties. They will quickly learn self control after paying 10.00 per gb that they go over on their plan, kind of like unlimited users learning to control data usage when they get slowed down.

 

I have a deal with my daughters, I pay for a base 3GB on their phones, any overages comes out of their allowance, works pretty well once they don;t get an allowance for a couple of weeks to pay for their over usages, hasn;t happened since the first time.


datathieves wrote:
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..

their pocketbook will throttle them, unlike att throttling users of the discontinued unlimited plan that has no additional monitary penalties. They will quickly learn self control after paying 10.00 per gb that they go over on their plan, kind of like unlimited users learning to control data usage when they get slowed down.

 

I have a deal with my daughters, I pay for a base 3GB on their phones, any overages comes out of their allowance, works pretty well once they don;t get an allowance for a couple of weeks to pay for their over usages, hasn;t happened since the first time.

Re: Scam

4 of 8 (306 Views)
Highlighted
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 11:33:04 AM
0
(0)
Former Employee

datathieves wrote:
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..

I will presume you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan since those are the only users who get throttled. You won't run into that at Verizon because you won't be able to get unlimited data. Your only choice with them will be one of their share everything plans and you will either pay for overages or you'll have to throttle yourself. Of course, you could switch to a tiered plan or mobile share plan with AT&T (where you won't get throttled) and do the same thing, but hey, that's your choice.

 

Just to clarify, you don't get throttled because non-unlimited users are using too much data, you get throttled because you are using too much data. As Wingrider points out, the non-unlimited users throttle themselves because if they don't, they pay extra.


datathieves wrote:
Yeah....it would be nice if I didn't get throttled because of non unlimited users using to much data..

I will presume you have the grandfathered unlimited data plan since those are the only users who get throttled. You won't run into that at Verizon because you won't be able to get unlimited data. Your only choice with them will be one of their share everything plans and you will either pay for overages or you'll have to throttle yourself. Of course, you could switch to a tiered plan or mobile share plan with AT&T (where you won't get throttled) and do the same thing, but hey, that's your choice.

 

Just to clarify, you don't get throttled because non-unlimited users are using too much data, you get throttled because you are using too much data. As Wingrider points out, the non-unlimited users throttle themselves because if they don't, they pay extra.

Re: Scam

5 of 8 (297 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2013 10:34:01 PM
0
(0)
Tutor
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........

Re: Scam

6 of 8 (260 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 5:48:51 AM
0
(0)
Expert

datathieves wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........

changed about a year ago, 3GB for 3G, 5GB for LTE. Verizon no longer has unlimited mobile data plans, they canceled the featiure a couple of  years ago and now they are forcing people off the discontinued plan by not allowing those with the unlimited plan to get subsidized upgrades, the users want a subsidized phone change off unlimited, keep the unlimited and you pay full prices. Not sure who you talked to but I would go back to them and ask for written proff of what claptrap they claimed or better yet, take some time and research the terms of use and fair use policy that is on ATT's website and that will verify that the claptrap you where given by who ever you talked to as FUD and lack of knowledge.

 

Good luck getting verizon to honor a new unlimited plan, since all they offer now is Mobile Shared. There is always a need to reply when soemthing like this is claimed, so other people will know the posted information is incorrect


datathieves wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........

changed about a year ago, 3GB for 3G, 5GB for LTE. Verizon no longer has unlimited mobile data plans, they canceled the featiure a couple of  years ago and now they are forcing people off the discontinued plan by not allowing those with the unlimited plan to get subsidized upgrades, the users want a subsidized phone change off unlimited, keep the unlimited and you pay full prices. Not sure who you talked to but I would go back to them and ask for written proff of what claptrap they claimed or better yet, take some time and research the terms of use and fair use policy that is on ATT's website and that will verify that the claptrap you where given by who ever you talked to as FUD and lack of knowledge.

 

Good luck getting verizon to honor a new unlimited plan, since all they offer now is Mobile Shared. There is always a need to reply when soemthing like this is claimed, so other people will know the posted information is incorrect

Re: Scam

7 of 8 (241 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 7:32:00 AM
0
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

datathieves wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........

changed about a year ago, 3GB for 3G, 5GB for LTE. Verizon no longer has unlimited mobile data plans, they canceled the featiure a couple of  years ago and now they are forcing people off the discontinued plan by not allowing those with the unlimited plan to get subsidized upgrades, the users want a subsidized phone change off unlimited, keep the unlimited and you pay full prices. Not sure who you talked to but I would go back to them and ask for written proff of what claptrap they claimed or better yet, take some time and research the terms of use and fair use policy that is on ATT's website and that will verify that the claptrap you where given by who ever you talked to as FUD and lack of knowledge.

 

Good luck getting verizon to honor a new unlimited plan, since all they offer now is Mobile Shared. There is always a need to reply when soemthing like this is claimed, so other people will know the posted information is incorrect


To OP, sorry you were given bad info but as Wingrider points out, the throttling policy was changed about a year ago and throttling kicks in automatically at those levels.  How much data other people are using has no bearing. What the rep was probably trying to explain was that unlimited users get throttled when there is network congestion, i.e. many other users on the network. That was the old policy but even if it were true, it would be when all other users are causing congestion, not just non-unlimited users. 

 

If you really feel AT&T's price for 3gb is a joke, be prepared to laugh at Verizon too. If you could get an individual 3gb plan from them (which you can't since your only option is share everything), I'm pretty sure you'll find their 3gb price is the same. You might want to check their prices before you switch. You also might want to check their network speeds where you live too. It sounds like you use a lot of data now, so I'm betting you get pretty good download speeds with AT&T. 

 

 


wingrider01 wrote:

datathieves wrote:
Sorry but you're wrong I ask at&t service when do you throttle unlimited plan holders. He said it all depends on how much non unlimited plan holders use. Thats what he said anyways the price for three gigs is a joke. I don't understand why they charge so much,when other internet company's have unlimited Broadband plans. Broadband blue is on of them, still going to Verizon because I feel like unlimited plan holder are getting treated like crap. Is this how you treat loyal customers at&t. I said what I had to say no need to reply because im never coming back to this forum.I will never have anything to do with at&t again. Lost another one to Verizon at&t.Good job.........

changed about a year ago, 3GB for 3G, 5GB for LTE. Verizon no longer has unlimited mobile data plans, they canceled the featiure a couple of  years ago and now they are forcing people off the discontinued plan by not allowing those with the unlimited plan to get subsidized upgrades, the users want a subsidized phone change off unlimited, keep the unlimited and you pay full prices. Not sure who you talked to but I would go back to them and ask for written proff of what claptrap they claimed or better yet, take some time and research the terms of use and fair use policy that is on ATT's website and that will verify that the claptrap you where given by who ever you talked to as FUD and lack of knowledge.

 

Good luck getting verizon to honor a new unlimited plan, since all they offer now is Mobile Shared. There is always a need to reply when soemthing like this is claimed, so other people will know the posted information is incorrect


To OP, sorry you were given bad info but as Wingrider points out, the throttling policy was changed about a year ago and throttling kicks in automatically at those levels.  How much data other people are using has no bearing. What the rep was probably trying to explain was that unlimited users get throttled when there is network congestion, i.e. many other users on the network. That was the old policy but even if it were true, it would be when all other users are causing congestion, not just non-unlimited users. 

 

If you really feel AT&T's price for 3gb is a joke, be prepared to laugh at Verizon too. If you could get an individual 3gb plan from them (which you can't since your only option is share everything), I'm pretty sure you'll find their 3gb price is the same. You might want to check their prices before you switch. You also might want to check their network speeds where you live too. It sounds like you use a lot of data now, so I'm betting you get pretty good download speeds with AT&T. 

 

 

Re: Scam

8 of 8 (231 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Share this post
Share this post