Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 10, 2013
11:12:38 PM
View profile
Scam text from AT&T???

Received a text message at 12:07AM stating I have a balance when I have autopay.

TEXT reads- 

1 (210) 100-050

1 of 2
FRM:800@813.net
SUBJ:AT&T Msg
MSG:You have a past due balance of $1.25. To avoid late payment fees, sign on to your AT&T account at
(Con't) 2 of 2
http://tr.im/496pm to make a payment.

(End)

checked my acct. at Att.com didn't go site from text. My acct. is up todate.

Received a text message at 12:07AM stating I have a balance when I have autopay.

TEXT reads- 

1 (210) 100-050

1 of 2
FRM:800@813.net
SUBJ:AT&T Msg
MSG:You have a past due balance of $1.25. To avoid late payment fees, sign on to your AT&T account at
(Con't) 2 of 2
http://tr.im/496pm to make a payment.

(End)

checked my acct. at Att.com didn't go site from text. My acct. is up todate.

Scam text from AT&T???

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 12:23:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You did the right thing by not clicking the link. Definitely a scam, but needless to say not from AT&T. The scammers appear to be from Ecuador.

You did the right thing by not clicking the link. Definitely a scam, but needless to say not from AT&T. The scammers appear to be from Ecuador.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Scam text from AT&T???

2 of 6 (1,685 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 6:59:09 PM
(0)
Contributor
Do you know how I can remove my number for their database? Or should I get AT&T to block them?
Do you know how I can remove my number for their database? Or should I get AT&T to block them?

3 of 6 (1,625 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 7:12:15 PM
(0)
Expert

You can try reporting it as spam.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Report-Spam-Text-Messages/td-p/3154731

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

4 of 6 (1,617 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 3:49:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have successfully used this technique to stop spam texts on my AT&T account several times and it works like a charm every single time if you follow all the steps. 

I have successfully used this technique to stop spam texts on my AT&T account several times and it works like a charm every single time if you follow all the steps. 

5 of 6 (972 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2014 1:57:29 PM
(0)
Employee

I currently am employed by AT&T and I have never seen a text notification with that layout, I would say that this is a phishing scam and to not click the link. For your devices & your own security.

I currently am employed by AT&T and I have never seen a text notification with that layout, I would say that this is a phishing scam and to not click the link. For your devices & your own security.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (859 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments