Saving GoPhone expired balance?

Contributor

Saving GoPhone expired balance?

[ Edited ]

On June 7 I refilled my GoPhone account with $25 just to keep the no. alive until my next trip to the US.

Now I lost my balance expire date by 5 day (it was suppose to be September 5) and all the $25 balance is gone without me making a single phone call or text.

I know the no. is on a grace period. Any chance I might get back the $25 if I refill again?

I tried to call AT&T customer service but got only unhelpful automated messages.

Thanks for helping,

Message 1 of 8 (1,540 Views)
Scholar

Re: Saving GoPhone expired balance?

What rate plan do you have?

Message 2 of 8 (1,438 Views)
Scholar

oh did you mean your balance expired on september 5? If that is the case you wont be able to get it back. You could have refilled at least $10 to your account the day before the expiration date, so that your $25 woud rollover
Message 3 of 8 (1,437 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You could try calling customer service (dial 611, keep repeating "customer service") and reasoning with them. Chances are that they will tell you that unfortunately, your $25 cannot be refunded because it expired before you could use it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 8 (1,368 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the tip; it actually worked!

I refill another $10 and they agreed to put the money back into my account!

Message 5 of 8 (1,266 Views)
Master

Awesome! That's great to hear! Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 8 (1,219 Views)
Tutor

Hi. Tell me please, make phone calls automatically, or did you call the help desk?

Message 7 of 8 (1,202 Views)
Scholar

1-800-901-9878 

Message 8 of 8 (964 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.