Samsung i497 sim unlock code

Contributor

Samsung i497 sim unlock code

[ Edited ]

Please help to unlock my Tablet for using it with GSM operator. 

I'm not resident of US so I can't register at AT&T site to access support directly. 

This link  didn't help because I don't have valid SSN.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 4 (682 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Samsung i497 sim unlock code

If you are not an AT&T customer, there is a good chance that your device will not be unlocked. AT&T only unlocks devices for current or former customers AND the device must have been on their account before AT&T will approve the unlock.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (651 Views)
Contributor

Why not?

If previuos owner doesn't have any "unfinished business" with your company why aren't you able to provide me the unlock code?

I suppose you could easyly check it by IMEI number.

Message 3 of 4 (623 Views)
ACE - Expert

Because AT&T will only unlock phones for THEIR customers. That is one of their requirements. You will need the person that you bought the phone from to request the unlock.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support