Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 22, 2012
4:35:49 PM
View profile
Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

Hi.

I was looking to unlock a galaxy s2 skyrocket that I have, so I called up AT&T and was told, after giving my IMEI number, that my phone was not eligible for unlocking. From my reading around the internet, unlock codes aren't given for the first ten months of the phone's release, but the skyrocket has been out for a year now! I explained this to the representative but he just repeated to me that it wasn't unlockable. So essentially I'm wondering: what's going on?

Is the only way to unlock it through using those unlocking websites? If so, then I must admit I'm a little disappointed, especially after the phone itself ran me several hundred dollars.

Hi.

I was looking to unlock a galaxy s2 skyrocket that I have, so I called up AT&T and was told, after giving my IMEI number, that my phone was not eligible for unlocking. From my reading around the internet, unlock codes aren't given for the first ten months of the phone's release, but the skyrocket has been out for a year now! I explained this to the representative but he just repeated to me that it wasn't unlockable. So essentially I'm wondering: what's going on?

Is the only way to unlock it through using those unlocking websites? If so, then I must admit I'm a little disappointed, especially after the phone itself ran me several hundred dollars.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2012 5:08:33 PM
(0)
Expert

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

there are some phones a carrier will not unlock, your choice then is 3rd party sites

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

there are some phones a carrier will not unlock, your choice then is 3rd party sites

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

2 of 7 (8,214 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2013 7:06:33 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes! Even I hold the Samsung Skyrocket and ATT Tech Support team told me ATT is not supporting skyrocket phones and they cannot unlock.

I am really disappointed. Also not sure how to proceed further.

Yes! Even I hold the Samsung Skyrocket and ATT Tech Support team told me ATT is not supporting skyrocket phones and they cannot unlock.

I am really disappointed. Also not sure how to proceed further.

3 of 7 (4,878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 11:15:09 AM
(0)
Teacher

The S2 skyrocket can be unlocked. Just check eBay to see how many are currently offered for sale, "UNLOCKED".

The S2 skyrocket can be unlocked. Just check eBay to see how many are currently offered for sale, "UNLOCKED".

4 of 7 (4,815 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 10:33:44 AM
(0)
Employee
There are other items on a checklist the customer must meet for an unlock code. Might be another reason
There are other items on a checklist the customer must meet for an unlock code. Might be another reason
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 7 (4,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 2:59:29 PM
(0)
Voyager

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029650

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

6 of 7 (2,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2013 3:14:48 PM
(0)
Expert

droplet wrote:

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

As it states on that link, use at own risk it can brick the phone. Besides as of right now it is illegal to unlock any phone other then through the carrier  FCC law took effect 01/01/2013

droplet wrote:

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

As it states on that link, use at own risk it can brick the phone. Besides as of right now it is illegal to unlock any phone other then through the carrier  FCC law took effect 01/01/2013

7 of 7 (2,621 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments