Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

Hi.

I was looking to unlock a galaxy s2 skyrocket that I have, so I called up AT&T and was told, after giving my IMEI number, that my phone was not eligible for unlocking. From my reading around the internet, unlock codes aren't given for the first ten months of the phone's release, but the skyrocket has been out for a year now! I explained this to the representative but he just repeated to me that it wasn't unlockable. So essentially I'm wondering: what's going on?

Is the only way to unlock it through using those unlocking websites? If so, then I must admit I'm a little disappointed, especially after the phone itself ran me several hundred dollars.

Message 1 of 7 (8,253 Views)
Expert

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Unlock

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

I was looking to unlock a galaxy s2 skyrocket that I have, so I called up AT&T and was told, after giving my IMEI number, that my phone was not eligible for unlocking. From my reading around the internet, unlock codes aren't given for the first ten months of the phone's release, but the skyrocket has been out for a year now! I explained this to the representative but he just repeated to me that it wasn't unlockable. So essentially I'm wondering: what's going on?

Is the only way to unlock it through using those unlocking websites? If so, then I must admit I'm a little disappointed, especially after the phone itself ran me several hundred dollars.

there are some phones a carrier will not unlock, your choice then is 3rd party sites

Message 2 of 7 (8,245 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes! Even I hold the Samsung Skyrocket and ATT Tech Support team told me ATT is not supporting skyrocket phones and they cannot unlock.

I am really disappointed. Also not sure how to proceed further.

Message 3 of 7 (4,909 Views)
Teacher

The S2 skyrocket can be unlocked. Just check eBay to see how many are currently offered for sale, "UNLOCKED".

Message 4 of 7 (4,846 Views)
Employee

There are other items on a checklist the customer must meet for an unlock code. Might be another reason
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 7 (4,802 Views)
Voyager

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029650

Message 6 of 7 (2,656 Views)
Expert

droplet wrote:

imax0 wrote:

Hi.

This may help you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2029650

As it states on that link, use at own risk it can brick the phone. Besides as of right now it is illegal to unlock any phone other then through the carrier  FCC law took effect 01/01/2013

Message 7 of 7 (2,652 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.