Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 13, 2011
9:03:26 PM
View profile
Samsung Focus "Get media content now" problem

For some reason, I'm having trouble trying to get MMS on my Focus. I keep clicking the Get Media Content Now and It just keeps saying the same thing. I'm in 3G area so I don't know why it's not working...any suggestions??

For some reason, I'm having trouble trying to get MMS on my Focus. I keep clicking the Get Media Content Now and It just keeps saying the same thing. I'm in 3G area so I don't know why it's not working...any suggestions??

Samsung Focus "Get media content now" problem

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 3:33:34 AM
(0)
Expert

rpark91 wrote:

verify that your data plan is provisioned correctly and that there is not a data block on the phone number from your previous phone

rpark91 wrote:

verify that your data plan is provisioned correctly and that there is not a data block on the phone number from your previous phone

Re: Samsung Focus "Get media content now" problem

2 of 6 (17,125 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 5:54:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

Make sure you data connection is on (Settings, Cellular, On) if this is on then a reboot may be needed, it has happened to me a few times and I found either of these two options corrected the problem..

Make sure you data connection is on (Settings, Cellular, On) if this is on then a reboot may be needed, it has happened to me a few times and I found either of these two options corrected the problem..

3 of 6 (17,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 10:21:27 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just had to reboot the device and now it works! Thanks guys.

I just had to reboot the device and now it works! Thanks guys.

4 of 6 (17,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2013 6:54:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

I have a Samsung Windows phone ... had same problem ... called in and was told to turn WiFi to OFF.  it fixed it.

I have a Samsung Windows phone ... had same problem ... called in and was told to turn WiFi to OFF.  it fixed it.

5 of 6 (11,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 10, 2016 4:51:28 AM
(0)
Contributor
Same problem with Lumina 640. The fix is to reset phone. Do a backup first. Then do reset to factory settings. Re-insert SIM answer YES to restore and go through setup process again. Need wifi connection to reinstall apps. ATT was no help on this. They lack knowledge and receive inadequate training. Thanks for nothing AT&T. DO BACKUP FIRST, otherwise you loose everything. s a side note this will take you several hours but it does work. Took me over 4 ours to reinstall everything and get back to where I was. Hope this helps all of you with same issue.
Same problem with Lumina 640. The fix is to reset phone. Do a backup first. Then do reset to factory settings. Re-insert SIM answer YES to restore and go through setup process again. Need wifi connection to reinstall apps. ATT was no help on this. They lack knowledge and receive inadequate training. Thanks for nothing AT&T. DO BACKUP FIRST, otherwise you loose everything. s a side note this will take you several hours but it does work. Took me over 4 ours to reinstall everything and get back to where I was. Hope this helps all of you with same issue.

6 of 6 (90 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments