SSN problem

Contributor

SSN problem

[ Edited ]

I have bought an Iphone 4S during my period of exchange in the US, but at the time of the purchase, I didn't had any Social Security Card. Thus the salesmen charged me 500 dollars for the security deposit and gave me a generic SS number, which i don't remember. And now that I have to unlock my Iphone, I can't do it without the SSN.

Can anyone help me? What should I do? Which one is the usual generic SSN?

Tks

Message 1 of 3 (1,232 Views)
Community Manager

Re: SSN problem

Hello fielipe1910,

I'm sorry you're having issues getting your iPhone unlocked. Unfortunately there is no "generic" SSN that I know of, so there is no easy answer to that question. Let our managers take a look at your account to see what we can do to help. please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your name, contact number and the best time for us to call.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (1,119 Views)
Community Support

Re: SSN problem

Hi fielipe1910,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly to look into this for you.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 3 of 3 (1,062 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.