Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 3, 2014
3:16:58 PM
SMS messaging from Lumia 2520 (Windows RT Tablet)

When I purchased my Lumia 2520, I was forced to buy a data plan, the device has a sim card and its own phone number.   Technically, I can't think of any reason I shouldn't be able to send/receive texts from the device but there is no capability to do so, at least that I can find.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

When I purchased my Lumia 2520, I was forced to buy a data plan, the device has a sim card and its own phone number.   Technically, I can't think of any reason I shouldn't be able to send/receive texts from the device but there is no capability to do so, at least that I can find.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

SMS messaging from Lumia 2520 (Windows RT Tablet)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 3:09:33 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @ericowens 

Thank you for your question. Text or Picture messaging, while technically possible, is a service that it either included in the cell phone plan or has an additional charge. Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't offer any text messaging plans for tablets at this time. There are some apps and services that allow you to exchange instant messages, and many are cross platform and free, something like that might be a good option for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @ericowens 

Thank you for your question. Text or Picture messaging, while technically possible, is a service that it either included in the cell phone plan or has an additional charge. Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't offer any text messaging plans for tablets at this time. There are some apps and services that allow you to exchange instant messages, and many are cross platform and free, something like that might be a good option for you.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: SMS messaging from Lumia 2520 (Windows RT Tablet)

2 of 2 (6,548 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments