Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 14, 2013
9:26:38 PM
View profile
SIM cards and prepaying instead of monthly fees

I am/want to buy a new UNLOCKED phone, but I don't want a monthly fee that I have to pay for even if I dont use all that data/texts... I feel like monthly plans are like throwing away extra food that you don't want to eat right now.

Anyway, I want to know a solution where I can pay as I go,and pay for what I use, how much data I use etc...

I want my own phone number, and I want to be able to connect to wifi at all times.

Do I use a prepaid SIM card, and I can fill it up with money and it will charge me for how many apps I use/and wifi connections and texts?

I am/want to buy a new UNLOCKED phone, but I don't want a monthly fee that I have to pay for even if I dont use all that data/texts... I feel like monthly plans are like throwing away extra food that you don't want to eat right now.

Anyway, I want to know a solution where I can pay as I go,and pay for what I use, how much data I use etc...

I want my own phone number, and I want to be able to connect to wifi at all times.

Do I use a prepaid SIM card, and I can fill it up with money and it will charge me for how many apps I use/and wifi connections and texts?

SIM cards and prepaying instead of monthly fees

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2013 1:50:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

You can have your own phone number on any Gophone plan.

You can connect any smart phone to WiFi no matter it is a locked or an unlocked phone,

as long as the WiFi connection is open to public.

You can have your own phone number on any Gophone plan.

You can connect any smart phone to WiFi no matter it is a locked or an unlocked phone,

as long as the WiFi connection is open to public.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SIM cards and prepaying instead of monthly fees

2 of 3 (342 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:03:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you will need an AT&T prepaid SIM card to use with your unlocked phone. A short time ago AT&T recently changed their prepaid plans, so unfortunately if you intend on using a smartphone, you will have to select a prepaid monthly service plan. There is no other choice.

If monthly plans aren't your cup of tea, you can select the $0.10 per minute plan, but be aware that this plan CANNOT be used with a smartphone, unlocked or not. You will be limited to using a feature phone only.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Yes, you will need an AT&T prepaid SIM card to use with your unlocked phone. A short time ago AT&T recently changed their prepaid plans, so unfortunately if you intend on using a smartphone, you will have to select a prepaid monthly service plan. There is no other choice.

If monthly plans aren't your cup of tea, you can select the $0.10 per minute plan, but be aware that this plan CANNOT be used with a smartphone, unlocked or not. You will be limited to using a feature phone only.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: SIM cards and prepaying instead of monthly fees

3 of 3 (262 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments