Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 29, 2013
7:26:27 PM
View profile
SIM card

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

SIM card

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:45:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
The iPhone 5 sim is smaller than the one from the 4S. I think you can cut down the old sim, but I'm not 100% certain. If you call at&t they might send you a new one free.
The iPhone 5 sim is smaller than the one from the 4S. I think you can cut down the old sim, but I'm not 100% certain. If you call at&t they might send you a new one free.

Re: SIM card

2 of 10 (684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 7:56:20 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Cardog wrote:

Your contract is for service, not for a specific phone. You can switch to another phone any time you want but as gphipps said, the sim in your 4s won't fit in the iPhone 5. 

Cardog wrote:

Your contract is for service, not for a specific phone. You can switch to another phone any time you want but as gphipps said, the sim in your 4s won't fit in the iPhone 5. 

3 of 10 (672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 8:26:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks, I will try it..Woman Happy

thanks, I will try it..Woman Happy

4 of 10 (665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 8:27:13 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok, thanks..I understand now. It really helps.!

Ok, thanks..I understand now. It really helps.!

5 of 10 (664 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 8:28:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can I just go to the AT&T store and cut the SIM card ?

6 of 10 (663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 5:21:43 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Cardog wrote:

AT&T store won't cut your sim, they will give you a new one and you will need a new sim if you want to get LTE service. 

Cardog wrote:

AT&T store won't cut your sim, they will give you a new one and you will need a new sim if you want to get LTE service. 

7 of 10 (585 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 8:27:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

Just change to a new sim card, I needn't to change  my phone number, right?

Just change to a new sim card, I needn't to change  my phone number, right?

8 of 10 (563 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 9:14:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Correct.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Correct.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 10 (556 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 6:30:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks

thanks