SIM card

Tutor

SIM card

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

Message 1 of 10 (722 Views)
Scholar

Re: SIM card

The iPhone 5 sim is smaller than the one from the 4S. I think you can cut down the old sim, but I'm not 100% certain. If you call at&t they might send you a new one free.
Message 2 of 10 (715 Views)
ACE - Master

Cardog wrote:

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

Your contract is for service, not for a specific phone. You can switch to another phone any time you want but as gphipps said, the sim in your 4s won't fit in the iPhone 5. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10 (703 Views)
Tutor

thanks, I will try it..Woman Happy

Message 4 of 10 (696 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Ok, thanks..I understand now. It really helps.!

Message 5 of 10 (695 Views)
Tutor

Can I just go to the AT&T store and cut the SIM card ?

Message 6 of 10 (694 Views)
ACE - Master

Cardog wrote:

Can I just go to the AT&T store and cut the SIM card ?

AT&T store won't cut your sim, they will give you a new one and you will need a new sim if you want to get LTE service. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10 (616 Views)
Tutor

Just change to a new sim card, I needn't to change  my phone number, right?

Message 8 of 10 (594 Views)
ACE - Expert

Correct.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 9 of 10 (587 Views)
Tutor

thanks

Message 10 of 10 (542 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.