SIM card

Tutor

SIM card

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

Message 1 of 10
Scholar

Re: SIM card

The iPhone 5 sim is smaller than the one from the 4S. I think you can cut down the old sim, but I'm not 100% certain. If you call at&t they might send you a new one free.
Message 2 of 10
ACE - Expert

Cardog wrote:

I have signed a contract with AT&T to buy a iPhone 4S one year ago.  Now I want to use iPhone 5. Can I put my SIM card into unlocked iphone5? Does it work? Or I can just use my SIM card with that contracted iphone4s?

Your contract is for service, not for a specific phone. You can switch to another phone any time you want but as gphipps said, the sim in your 4s won't fit in the iPhone 5. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Tutor

thanks, I will try it..Woman Happy

Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Ok, thanks..I understand now. It really helps.!

Message 5 of 10
Tutor

Can I just go to the AT&T store and cut the SIM card ?

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

Cardog wrote:

Can I just go to the AT&T store and cut the SIM card ?

AT&T store won't cut your sim, they will give you a new one and you will need a new sim if you want to get LTE service. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 10
Tutor

Just change to a new sim card, I needn't to change  my phone number, right?

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Expert

Correct.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Message 9 of 10
Tutor

thanks

Message 10 of 10
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support