Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 22, 2013
6:53:57 AM
View profile
SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

Since cracking the screen on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I'm temporarily would like to use a go phone with my SIM card inserted until I can replace my smartphone. Unfortunetly the SIM Card that came in my Galaxy is a micro SIM and the GO Phone I bought needs the full sized SIM. 

What can I do to make my current plan work on my go phone?

Since cracking the screen on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I'm temporarily would like to use a go phone with my SIM card inserted until I can replace my smartphone. Unfortunetly the SIM Card that came in my Galaxy is a micro SIM and the GO Phone I bought needs the full sized SIM. 

SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:05:49 AM
(0)
Expert

susiek22 wrote:

you should be able to go into a corporate store and get a sim at no charge. Also if the gophone you purchased is not a smartphone and you have a grandfathers unlimited data plan, the plan will be removed and you will not be able to get it back

susiek22 wrote:

you should be able to go into a corporate store and get a sim at no charge. Also if the gophone you purchased is not a smartphone and you have a grandfathers unlimited data plan, the plan will be removed and you will not be able to get it back

Re: SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

2 of 4 (911 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 2:26:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

susiek22 wrote:

The simplest thing you can do is get a micro-sim to mini-sim adapter and use it in the Go Phone. Just be careful about putting the SIM in adapter in and taking it out.

susiek22 wrote:

The simplest thing you can do is get a micro-sim to mini-sim adapter and use it in the Go Phone. Just be careful about putting the SIM in adapter in and taking it out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (896 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 10:10:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dmapr wrote:

susiek22 wrote:

I agree, this is probably the simplest thing to do. If you don't have a microSIM adapter, they should be for sale relatively cheap on eBay or possibly Amazon. I used one before and it worked well. Like dmapr said above, just be VERY CAREFUL inserting the adapter with the SIM in the tray along with removing it. I was not careful enough upon taking it back out and one or two of the little metal prongs that hold the SIM in place got hooked on the adapter and I thought that I almost broke the whole mechanism. Very nerve wracking to say the least! 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

dmapr wrote:

susiek22 wrote:

I agree, this is probably the simplest thing to do. If you don't have a microSIM adapter, they should be for sale relatively cheap on eBay or possibly Amazon. I used one before and it worked well. Like dmapr said above, just be VERY CAREFUL inserting the adapter with the SIM in the tray along with removing it. I was not careful enough upon taking it back out and one or two of the little metal prongs that hold the SIM in place got hooked on the adapter and I thought that I almost broke the whole mechanism. Very nerve wracking to say the least! 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (856 Views)