SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

Contributor

SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

Since cracking the screen on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I'm temporarily would like to use a go phone with my SIM card inserted until I can replace my smartphone. Unfortunetly the SIM Card that came in my Galaxy is a micro SIM and the GO Phone I bought needs the full sized SIM. 

What can I do to make my current plan work on my go phone?

Message 1 of 4 (961 Views)
Expert

Re: SIM Card Mini from Samsung phone into GO Phone

susiek22 wrote:

Since cracking the screen on my Samsung Galaxy SIII, I'm temporarily would like to use a go phone with my SIM card inserted until I can replace my smartphone. Unfortunetly the SIM Card that came in my Galaxy is a micro SIM and the GO Phone I bought needs the full sized SIM. 

you should be able to go into a corporate store and get a sim at no charge. Also if the gophone you purchased is not a smartphone and you have a grandfathers unlimited data plan, the plan will be removed and you will not be able to get it back

Message 2 of 4 (932 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

susiek22 wrote:

The simplest thing you can do is get a micro-sim to mini-sim adapter and use it in the Go Phone. Just be careful about putting the SIM in adapter in and taking it out.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (917 Views)
Master

dmapr wrote:

susiek22 wrote:

The simplest thing you can do is get a micro-sim to mini-sim adapter and use it in the Go Phone. Just be careful about putting the SIM in adapter in and taking it out.

I agree, this is probably the simplest thing to do. If you don't have a microSIM adapter, they should be for sale relatively cheap on eBay or possibly Amazon. I used one before and it worked well. Like dmapr said above, just be VERY CAREFUL inserting the adapter with the SIM in the tray along with removing it. I was not careful enough upon taking it back out and one or two of the little metal prongs that hold the SIM in place got hooked on the adapter and I thought that I almost broke the whole mechanism. Very nerve wracking to say the least! 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 4 (877 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.