Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 25, 2013
12:46:51 AM
View profile
Ripped Off by ATT!

I am so tired of being over billed by ATT! They tell people in their stores "oh come back & we will credit your charges for your new phones". But when you ask customer service about it they say insult you!

Then they send you text messages that you've reached 75% of your data then 90% - then your back to 75%... How exactly does that work? How do you go from 75% to 90% to 75%? I'm a business & finance major and last I checked you can't go from 75 to 90 to 75... Plus the whole time we are on our wifi, so how are we even using our data anyway!!! 

We are discussing this someone that we believe can assist us at this point.

I am so tired of being over billed by ATT! They tell people in their stores "oh come back & we will credit your charges for your new phones". But when you ask customer service about it they say insult you!

Then they send you text messages that you've reached 75% of your data then 90% - then your back to 75%... How exactly does that work? How do you go from 75% to 90% to 75%? I'm a business & finance major and last I checked you can't go from 75 to 90 to 75... Plus the whole time we are on our wifi, so how are we even using our data anyway!!! 

Ripped Off by ATT!

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 7:01:04 AM
(0)
Former Employee
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jul 29, 2013 at 6:20:17 AM

" They tell people in their stores "oh come back & we will credit your charges for your new phones". But when you ask customer service about it they say insult you!"

If the store makes you some special offer you need to go back to the very same store to have it honored as they are usually the store manager's offers.

As far as your data, hard to say, how frequently do you receive those messages? Are they in the same billing cycle? Are they for the same phone number? Do you have an iPad or a Mi-Fi?

I recommend, go back to the store you got your phones from, talk to them about promised credit and also address those data issues you're having.

d.

" They tell people in their stores "oh come back & we will credit your charges for your new phones". But when you ask customer service about it they say insult you!"

If the store makes you some special offer you need to go back to the very same store to have it honored as they are usually the store manager's offers.

As far as your data, hard to say, how frequently do you receive those messages? Are they in the same billing cycle? Are they for the same phone number? Do you have an iPad or a Mi-Fi?

I recommend, go back to the store you got your phones from, talk to them about promised credit and also address those data issues you're having.

d.

Re: Ripped Off by ATT!

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (980 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 5:30:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T jsut decided to raise my almost 2 year old contract price by $0.62 per line.  Not really much money but a lot of profit to them.  Customer service says its legal.  The contract says take us to arbitration and pay a $125.00 fee.  Well the answer is I pay the an extra $1.86/month till January.  Then what would have been a routine renewal will go to ANYBODY else.  I hate tacky companies.  I am not an employee but was one almost 30 years ago.  The AT&T I knew had a class that the currrent one has lost.

AT&T jsut decided to raise my almost 2 year old contract price by $0.62 per line.  Not really much money but a lot of profit to them.  Customer service says its legal.  The contract says take us to arbitration and pay a $125.00 fee.  Well the answer is I pay the an extra $1.86/month till January.  Then what would have been a routine renewal will go to ANYBODY else.  I hate tacky companies.  I am not an employee but was one almost 30 years ago.  The AT&T I knew had a class that the currrent one has lost.

3 of 8 (948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 8:03:38 PM
(0)
Former Employee

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/New-Fee/td-p/3470769

Here is a discussion about it. Couple of things to keep in mind, all major wireless carriers have an Administrative Fee, seems to be part of the industry now, AT&T was actually the last one to start charging it, and AT&T's is the lowest fee too, Verizon charges 90 some cents, T-Mobile 1.50 or something, Sprin's is $2 per line, so ANYBODY else will be a bad choice.

d.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/New-Fee/td-p/3470769

Here is a discussion about it. Couple of things to keep in mind, all major wireless carriers have an Administrative Fee, seems to be part of the industry now, AT&T was actually the last one to start charging it, and AT&T's is the lowest fee too, Verizon charges 90 some cents, T-Mobile 1.50 or something, Sprin's is $2 per line, so ANYBODY else will be a bad choice.

d.

4 of 8 (938 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 26, 2013 2:41:13 PM
(0)
Guru

Look at the thread on Fatwallet, there have been successes at leaving the contract by filing for arbitration.

You can also file complaints if you believe you've been wronged, or if the principle of the matter irks you:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/telephone-companies/atandt-in-atlanta-ga-7935/file-a-com...

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

But if it's really the $.61 that bothers you, you can call and ask for a credit of $.61 till the end of your contract, which they'll give you without much trouble.

Be polite, the CSR's on the phone didn't make up this fee.

Look at the thread on Fatwallet, there have been successes at leaving the contract by filing for arbitration.

You can also file complaints if you believe you've been wronged, or if the principle of the matter irks you:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/telephone-companies/atandt-in-atlanta-ga-7935/file-a-complaint

http://www.fcc.gov/complaints

But if it's really the $.61 that bothers you, you can call and ask for a credit of $.61 till the end of your contract, which they'll give you without much trouble.

Be polite, the CSR's on the phone didn't make up this fee.

5 of 8 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 3:00:26 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

jhcclowdus,

I'm sorry to hear that your having an issue with promises that were made in an ATT store.

Has your issue been resolved at this point? If not please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by using the link below. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to be contacted, please also allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you after receiving your message.

Private Message

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jhcclowdus,

I'm sorry to hear that your having an issue with promises that were made in an ATT store.

Has your issue been resolved at this point? If not please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by using the link below. Please include your name, email address, phone number and the best time to be contacted, please also allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you after receiving your message.

Private Message

James

6 of 8 (779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 8:31:03 AM
(0)
Contributor

I drove 35 miles into paducah store to get my upgrades and when I got there they couldnt help me. Store manager was rude. So today I called this morning and was told to go back to store another 35 miles and she would call me at 1:30 today at the store and she will talk to the manager and fix the problem. we will see. Att does have some good managers online but can never get them again whenhaving issues. I'm tired of being lied too. I wish someone would run the business the way it should be.

I drove 35 miles into paducah store to get my upgrades and when I got there they couldnt help me. Store manager was rude. So today I called this morning and was told to go back to store another 35 miles and she would call me at 1:30 today at the store and she will talk to the manager and fix the problem. we will see. Att does have some good managers online but can never get them again whenhaving issues. I'm tired of being lied too. I wish someone would run the business the way it should be.

7 of 8 (457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 6:23:52 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Welcome jspringer85 and thank you for posting.

Can you please provide a little bit more information? What was the reason they couldn't upgrade your phones? Let us double check for you before you drive all the way back.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Welcome jspringer85 and thank you for posting.

Can you please provide a little bit more information? What was the reason they couldn't upgrade your phones? Let us double check for you before you drive all the way back.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (407 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments