Returned phone charged full month?

Highlighted

Returned phone charged full month?

Hello

Is it typical for ATT to charge for a full month of service even if you return the phone within the 14 day return policy? I ordered a phone on sale and saw they offered it in another color the next day so I ordered it (refurbished) and returned the first phone. I called to cancel the first line and was disconnected, called a second time and was told they were having some technical issues-call back in an hour, and finally on the third time I was able to cancel the line (within a week of receiving and returning phone). I received a letter today stating my account was subject to suspension for unpaid bill of $70+ so a chat representative informed me that the person I called had set the account to disconnect on Sep 14 and I told her I had wanted it cancelled immediately. Why would I pay for service when I HAVE NO PHONE? No, I didn't use all caps with her. All I can see in the return policy is that it says regularly recurring charges are prorated. She told me it was their policy to charge for a full month of service even if they have the phone. Omg I cannot believe I gave ATT another chance and switched from Verizon. 

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: Returned phone charged full month?

Hello, buzzbuzzbuzz!

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion surrounding your line cancellation. If you don't mind, please send a message to our team by clicking here. They will be able to pull up your account to investigate so they can get this straightened out right away.

Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.  You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know!

Thanks!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support