Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 18, 2011
2:23:56 PM
View profile
Retiree Discounts

I am a retired Bellsouth Employee. I understand a get a discount/concession on my wireless account.  I am told I need proof of employment/retirement such as a check stub and drivers liscense picture. I don't get a check. I took a lumpsum buy out. No one seems to be able to tell me what to do about this. Anyone got any ideas?????

Tanks in advance

I am a retired Bellsouth Employee. I understand a get a discount/concession on my wireless account.  I am told I need proof of employment/retirement such as a check stub and drivers liscense picture. I don't get a check. I took a lumpsum buy out. No one seems to be able to tell me what to do about this. Anyone got any ideas?????

Tanks in advance

Retiree Discounts

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2011 2:47:56 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hi there. If you'll please send me a private message with your name & email address, I'll look into this for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi there. If you'll please send me a private message with your name & email address, I'll look into this for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Retiree Discounts

2 of 5 (6,278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2011 4:46:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

DO NOT bother with a CSR as (1) you probably couldn't understand him/her whichever and (2), he/she said I'd have to go through whatever process which was incorrect.

You have to take your pension / buyout certification document from the place where you got your lump buyout from, IE Fidelity, AND picture ID AND if you can, your last paystub as a full time employee.  All this has to be taken to an AT&T Store where they sell phones etc. They'll make copies, fill out the correct request form "Instructions For Requesting A Discount" for your wireless concession.  They say that it might take 2 or 3 billing cycles to filter thru the numerous appls.

What I don't understand is why this and landline and U-verse concession isn't automated.

Good luck. Jim jf2641

DO NOT bother with a CSR as (1) you probably couldn't understand him/her whichever and (2), he/she said I'd have to go through whatever process which was incorrect.

You have to take your pension / buyout certification document from the place where you got your lump buyout from, IE Fidelity, AND picture ID AND if you can, your last paystub as a full time employee.  All this has to be taken to an AT&T Store where they sell phones etc. They'll make copies, fill out the correct request form "Instructions For Requesting A Discount" for your wireless concession.  They say that it might take 2 or 3 billing cycles to filter thru the numerous appls.

What I don't understand is why this and landline and U-verse concession isn't automated.

Good luck. Jim jf2641

3 of 5 (6,196 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 28, 2012 3:27:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

My wife is in the same situation. We were told proof of healthcare enrollment under her healthcare benefits would suffice as proof.

My wife is in the same situation. We were told proof of healthcare enrollment under her healthcare benefits would suffice as proof.

4 of 5 (5,935 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 9:47:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

service 877 999 1083 or http://attathome.att.com I got some good help concerning whatt is avaiable to retirees.   and  877 312 5550 for reseting passwords.

service 877 999 1083 or http://attathome.att.com I got some good help concerning whatt is avaiable to retirees.   and  877 312 5550 for reseting passwords.

5 of 5 (4,618 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments