Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 25, 2013
12:59:42 PM
View profile
Requesting an unlock code.
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 25, 2013 at 1:02:41 PM

Hello , i intend to buy a Sony Xperia TL ( AT&T30) , but the seller is not sure if the phone has a clean or blocked IMEI. He has provided me with the IMEI and the S/N of the phone , but i can't check it online. I have tried to use the unlock device option from the support menu , but it requires , to be a former or current customer of AT&T ( which am not ). Is there any other way to check it ? The IMEI is [edited for privacy]

Hello , i intend to buy a Sony Xperia TL ( AT&T30) , but the seller is not sure if the phone has a clean or blocked IMEI. He has provided me with the IMEI and the S/N of the phone , but i can't check it online. I have tried to use the unlock device option from the support menu , but it requires , to be a former or current customer of AT&T ( which am not ). Is there any other way to check it ? The IMEI is [edited for privacy]

Requesting an unlock code.

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:12:06 PM
(0)
Expert

ku4eto wrote:

thre is a selection option for not being a customer, curious why the sellor does not know if it is clean or blocked though. If they owned it they should know

ku4eto wrote:

thre is a selection option for not being a customer, curious why the sellor does not know if it is clean or blocked though. If they owned it they should know

Re: Requesting an unlock code.

2 of 7 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:21:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

Customer Type : Current / Previous. The last time i was going to buy a phone from eBay and trying to unlock it, there was a "not a customer radiobutton" .But now , i don't see it right now. When i just inputted the IMEI , it says " Currently , this device cannot be unlocked". What does that mean ?

Customer Type : Current / Previous. The last time i was going to buy a phone from eBay and trying to unlock it, there was a "not a customer radiobutton" .But now , i don't see it right now. When i just inputted the IMEI , it says " Currently , this device cannot be unlocked". What does that mean ?

3 of 7 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 1:57:30 PM
(0)
Expert

ku4eto wrote:

May mean there is no unlock code for the device.

ku4eto wrote:

May mean there is no unlock code for the device.

4 of 7 (400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 2:02:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

The phone is an AT&T branded - Sony Xperia TL ( AT&T30 ) , so there should be a code. The phone can be added in the DEVICE Troubleshoot menu.

The phone is an AT&T branded - Sony Xperia TL ( AT&T30 ) , so there should be a code. The phone can be added in the DEVICE Troubleshoot menu.

5 of 7 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:19:23 PM
(0)
Expert

ku4eto wrote:

there are phones that a carrier will not unlock, up until last year Iphones where not unlocked, the Garmen cell phones that att sold also will not be unlocked. In the case of brand new devices for a carrier there is a delay of 6 months or more before they will release a unlock code.

ku4eto wrote:

there are phones that a carrier will not unlock, up until last year Iphones where not unlocked, the Garmen cell phones that att sold also will not be unlocked. In the case of brand new devices for a carrier there is a delay of 6 months or more before they will release a unlock code.

6 of 7 (364 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 3:59:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

This model was released exactly 13 months ago , isn't there a way to know if AT&T have unlock codes for this ?

This model was released exactly 13 months ago , isn't there a way to know if AT&T have unlock codes for this ?

7 of 7 (354 Views)