Helpful Links

Repost: Price of deductible when you use mobile protection plan with ATT.

Contributor

Repost: Price of deductible when you use mobile protection plan with ATT.

cant find previous post. Bought a mobile protection plan for 10 bucks a month, and when my phone glass cracked slightly i decided to use the plan and get a new one even when my phone still worked on my samsung galaxy s3. I was shocked that the third party company that att uses charged a $199 deductible when i received my new bill. ATT didnt disclose the deductible when they sold me the mobile protection plan.My brother has a samsung galaxy s2 note .He took out the mobile protection plan which was also 10 bucks a month with verizon which is his carrier.Anyway hes phone  cracked and he was only charged a $99 deductible with verizon which is half the price of ATT.That is just crazy that ATT deductible was double the price of verizon. Just wanted everone know the huge deductible is charged when you use the mobile protection with ATT

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Repost: Price of deductible when you use mobile protection plan with ATT.

jjs23 wrote:

cant find previous post. Bought a mobile protection plan for 10 bucks a month, and when my phone glass cracked slightly i decided to use the plan and get a new one even when my phone still worked on my samsung galaxy s3. I was shocked that the third party company that att uses charged a $199 deductible when i received my new bill. ATT didnt disclose the deductible when they sold me the mobile protection plan.My brother has a samsung galaxy s2 note .He took out the mobile protection plan which was also 10 bucks a month with verizon which is his carrier.Anyway hes phone  cracked and he was only charged a $99 deductible with verizon which is half the price of ATT.That is just crazy that ATT deductible was double the price of verizon. Just wanted everone know the huge deductible is charged when you use the mobile protection with ATT

the deductable for a smartphone is 199.00 with att, verizon is not att so they set thier deductables different, right now it is199.00 also with verizon. It is documented

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/en_US/pdf/wireless-phone-insurance-deductible-schedule.pdf

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Repost: Price of deductible when you use mobile protection plan with ATT.

If you are depending on  customer service reps to point out every aspect of a transaction or service, you are not being a savvy consumer.  You should not assume such things, and the information is readily available in various ways.

http://www.phoneclaim.com/att/program

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support