Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 5, 2013
1:41:05 PM
View profile
Replacing my broken phone

Hi,

I still don't understand replacement procedures.

I have a basic Nokia 6350 with a cracked screen. I got exact same replacement phone on the internet. So all I need to do is put my Sim card in the replacement phone? Thats all? Do I need to give ATT my new Ser# or the new IMEI #? Is there a fee associated with this phone transfer?

And, suppose I get a used (compatable) smartphone. Am I then REQUIRED to have a data plan? I don't data ever. Not even text. Just like to have a bigger screen.

Thanks. KarlaS

Hi,

I have a basic Nokia 6350 with a cracked screen. I got exact same replacement phone on the internet. So all I need to do is put my Sim card in the replacement phone? Thats all? Do I need to give ATT my new Ser# or the new IMEI #? Is there a fee associated with this phone transfer?

And, suppose I get a used (compatable) smartphone. Am I then REQUIRED to have a data plan? I don't data ever. Not even text. Just like to have a bigger screen.

Thanks. KarlaS

Replacing my broken phone

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 2:37:39 PM
(0)
Expert

Skramy wrote:

Hi,

Thanks. KarlaS

smartphone = required data plan, if you don't add one and att detects the phone they will add one for you. If the replacement phone is att you should be able to just swap sim cards

Skramy wrote:

Hi,

Thanks. KarlaS

smartphone = required data plan, if you don't add one and att detects the phone they will add one for you. If the replacement phone is att you should be able to just swap sim cards

Re: Replacing my broken phone

2 of 4 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2013 3:55:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

OK. Is there a $36 fee?

OK. Is there a $36 fee?

3 of 4 (603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2013 8:12:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
There is only a $36 fee if you buy a phone through AT&T or an AT&T reseller.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
There is only a $36 fee if you buy a phone through AT&T or an AT&T reseller.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (565 Views)