Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 23, 2013
6:16:43 PM
View profile
Refurbished iphones
Edited by Taylarie on Sep 29, 2013 at 8:46:55 AM

I have purchased 4 refurbished iPhones over the years and generally been happy with all of them. However, I just received my refurbished iPhone 5 last week and I am VERY disappointed. Usually, the only difference between new and refurbished is the factory warranty and packaging. I don't care about either, so I was happy to save the $$$. My refurbished iPhone 5, however, is a different story. The phone is fine - no blemishes and works perfect - but the accessories are cheap knock-offs and not real Apple accessories. The headphones (Apple calls them EarPods) are cheap feeling and don't sound as good as genuine Apple EarPods. The Lightning charge/sync cable is also cheap and flimsy compared to the genuine Apple cable. If I had known that the accessories would be cheap knock-offs, I'm not sure that I would have purchased the refurbished model. Once you buy better-quality accessories such as genuine Apple or at least quality brand-name accessories, you pretty much eat up all your savings. Shame on AT&T and/or Apple for cheaping out on the accessories and not telling customers they would get inferior parts with their refurbished phone purchase. To add insult to injury, AT&T dropped the price of the new iPhone 5 just 2 weeks after I purchased my refurbished iPhone 5. Thanks AT&T.

I have purchased 4 refurbished iPhones over the years and generally been happy with all of them. However, I just received my refurbished iPhone 5 last week and I am VERY disappointed. Usually, the only difference between new and refurbished is the factory warranty and packaging. I don't care about either, so I was happy to save the $$$. My refurbished iPhone 5, however, is a different story. The phone is fine - no blemishes and works perfect - but the accessories are cheap knock-offs and not real Apple accessories. The headphones (Apple calls them EarPods) are cheap feeling and don't sound as good as genuine Apple EarPods. The Lightning charge/sync cable is also cheap and flimsy compared to the genuine Apple cable. If I had known that the accessories would be cheap knock-offs, I'm not sure that I would have purchased the refurbished model. Once you buy better-quality accessories such as genuine Apple or at least quality brand-name accessories, you pretty much eat up all your savings. Shame on AT&T and/or Apple for cheaping out on the accessories and not telling customers they would get inferior parts with their refurbished phone purchase. To add insult to injury, AT&T dropped the price of the new iPhone 5 just 2 weeks after I purchased my refurbished iPhone 5. Thanks AT&T.

Refurbished iphones

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 1:36:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Did you get refurbished iPhone 5 AT&T online, at Corperate Store? The new iPhone 5S and 5C came out this month, that's why AT&T drops price on  brand new iPhone 5. Do not know about Apple, but AT&T always drop price of older version of iPhone when newer model comes out. 

Did you get refurbished iPhone 5 AT&T online, at Corperate Store? The new iPhone 5S and 5C came out this month, that's why AT&T drops price on  brand new iPhone 5. Do not know about Apple, but AT&T always drop price of older version of iPhone when newer model comes out. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refurbished iphones

2 of 3 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 8:28:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
For 2 year contract commitments, Apple also reduces the price of older model iPhones, but not the full retail price ( as for every carrier).
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
For 2 year contract commitments, Apple also reduces the price of older model iPhones, but not the full retail price ( as for every carrier).
~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Refurbished iphones

3 of 3 (648 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments