Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 24, 2014
1:55:40 PM
View profile
Recently involved in AT&T next plan. Possibly looking to sell Note 3 and buy unlocked Nexus 5.

I like the phone itself but I feel originally I may have been a little too excited to have one of the best most powerful phones on the market. I also don't find its size very convenient.

A couple questions:

I can sell the phone under contract, correct? AT&T doesn't care about the phone they just want me to keep the service as I understand it. 

Also, can the sim card in the Note 3 be easily swapped out and put into the Nexus 5?

I like the phone itself but I feel originally I may have been a little too excited to have one of the best most powerful phones on the market. I also don't find its size very convenient.

A couple questions:

I can sell the phone under contract, correct? AT&T doesn't care about the phone they just want me to keep the service as I understand it. 

Also, can the sim card in the Note 3 be easily swapped out and put into the Nexus 5?

Recently involved in AT&T next plan. Possibly looking to sell Note 3 and buy unlocked Nexus 5.

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 4:16:08 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:17:01 PM

Hello failedtolisten,

You can sell the phone under contract, however you MUST continue to make the monthly installment payment for the device, or it will be blacklisted and your account will not be in good standing.

Yes, you will be able to use the SIM from your Note 3 in your Nexus 5.

Hello failedtolisten,

You can sell the phone under contract, however you MUST continue to make the monthly installment payment for the device, or it will be blacklisted and your account will not be in good standing.

Yes, you will be able to use the SIM from your Note 3 in your Nexus 5.

Re: Recently involved in AT&T next plan. Possibly looking to sell Note 3 and buy unlocked Nexus

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (895 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2014 4:20:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by failedtolisten on Feb 24, 2014 at 4:22:22 PM

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Re: Recently involved in AT&T next plan. Possibly looking to sell Note 3 and buy unlocked Nexus

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (891 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2014 6:01:55 AM
(0)
Expert

failedtolisten wrote:

Thank you very much

another point - if you sell it make sure you tell the buyer that it is locked to att, it will not be unlocked until it is 100 percent paid for, and you must do it, the buyer cannot

failedtolisten wrote:

Thank you very much

another point - if you sell it make sure you tell the buyer that it is locked to att, it will not be unlocked until it is 100 percent paid for, and you must do it, the buyer cannot

4 of 6 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 11:58:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

So what your saying is that you are free to sell a contract phone to someone but if for some reason the seller decides not to pay there bill the buyers phone will be blacklisted. Why would anyone want to buy a used phone if this information is correct I could see keeping it locked so it could only be used on your network that is understandable. Is there no way to fully transfer the phone so its no longer apart of that orignal account? Whats the use of blacklisting the phone if another one of your customers is using it that's just crazy this doesn't hurt the person that didn't pay the bill at all. I'll tell you right now if this ever happens to me I will drop AT&T in a heart beat!!!!

So what your saying is that you are free to sell a contract phone to someone but if for some reason the seller decides not to pay there bill the buyers phone will be blacklisted. Why would anyone want to buy a used phone if this information is correct I could see keeping it locked so it could only be used on your network that is understandable. Is there no way to fully transfer the phone so its no longer apart of that orignal account? Whats the use of blacklisting the phone if another one of your customers is using it that's just crazy this doesn't hurt the person that didn't pay the bill at all. I'll tell you right now if this ever happens to me I will drop AT&T in a heart beat!!!!

5 of 6 (629 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 5:30:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
AT&T does not blacklist phones for non-payment of account, they only blacklist phones that are reported lost or stolen.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
AT&T does not blacklist phones for non-payment of account, they only blacklist phones that are reported lost or stolen.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (609 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments