Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 9, 2014
10:15:42 PM
View profile
Re: Disgraceful Service

I chatted with a customer support agent regarding questions on the proration of my bill and they abruptly disconnected the chat without answering my questions. I wasted an hour trying to explain them what the issues with my bill were. But, they neither answered nor pointed me in the right direction. It was awful customer service and I'd like to provide feedback. Also, I'll be late in making my payment if someone doesn't answer my questions about the charges on my bill. Then, I'd be charged a late fee. It looks like AT&T doesn't believe in explaining their charges - "Just give me all the money i'm asking for, shouldn't you be grateful that i considered providing you wireless service, I'm obviously doing you a favor"

I chatted with a customer support agent regarding questions on the proration of my bill and they abruptly disconnected the chat without answering my questions. I wasted an hour trying to explain them what the issues with my bill were. But, they neither answered nor pointed me in the right direction. It was awful customer service and I'd like to provide feedback. Also, I'll be late in making my payment if someone doesn't answer my questions about the charges on my bill. Then, I'd be charged a late fee. It looks like AT&T doesn't believe in explaining their charges - "Just give me all the money i'm asking for, shouldn't you be grateful that i considered providing you wireless service, I'm obviously doing you a favor"

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:53:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

2 of 3 (293 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 11, 2014 9:16:56 PM
(0)
Employee

I would love to explain what is prorated charges to you. Partial-month or prorated charges can appear on your bill when a change is made to your service during the middle of the bill cycle. Prorated charges are most often due to a new activation, but can also occur when you make changes to your rate plan or add services in the middle of a bill cycle. For simplicity's sake, we recommend that any plan changes or new services start at the beginning of your next bill cycle. If changes must go into effect mid-cycle, you will see a proration on your bill. Proration divides the charges on your bill proportionally, so you're only charged for whatever portion of the regular monthly service you used. The way you are charged can depend on if you're billed in advance or arrears. Go to this link so you can easily understand it http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=goiV-vhsM5v

I would love to explain what is prorated charges to you. Partial-month or prorated charges can appear on your bill when a change is made to your service during the middle of the bill cycle. Prorated charges are most often due to a new activation, but can also occur when you make changes to your rate plan or add services in the middle of a bill cycle. For simplicity's sake, we recommend that any plan changes or new services start at the beginning of your next bill cycle. If changes must go into effect mid-cycle, you will see a proration on your bill. Proration divides the charges on your bill proportionally, so you're only charged for whatever portion of the regular monthly service you used. The way you are charged can depend on if you're billed in advance or arrears. Go to this link so you can easily understand it http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=goiV-vhsM5v

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 3 (236 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments