Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2013
6:14:06 AM
View profile
Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

I'm not impressed AT&T .. you decided to change your rules in regards to obtaining early upgrades on our accounts from 20 months to the full 24 months .. this sort of action should have applied ONLY for new customers .. not customers that have been with you since 1994 when you started out as CellularOne !!! Thats right AT&T, I have been with you for now 19 YEARS .. CellularOne, AT&T, Cingular back to AT&T.

I originally had 2 of my 6 lines available for upgrades this year .. 3 for 2014 and 1 for 2015 .. now with this JOKE .. none of my lines are available this year (2013) .. 3 for 2014 and 3 for 2015 !!!!!!!

I want this RESTORED ASAP .. this should not have been in effect for your EXISTING customers with the longativity of service as I have with you .. this new rule should have been grandfathered.

Look into this PLEASE ...

Martin

I'm not impressed AT&T .. you decided to change your rules in regards to obtaining early upgrades on our accounts from 20 months to the full 24 months .. this sort of action should have applied ONLY for new customers .. not customers that have been with you since 1994 when you started out as CellularOne !!! Thats right AT&T, I have been with you for now 19 YEARS .. CellularOne, AT&T, Cingular back to AT&T.

I originally had 2 of my 6 lines available for upgrades this year .. 3 for 2014 and 1 for 2015 .. now with this JOKE .. none of my lines are available this year (2013) .. 3 for 2014 and 3 for 2015 !!!!!!!

I want this RESTORED ASAP .. this should not have been in effect for your EXISTING customers with the longativity of service as I have with you .. this new rule should have been grandfathered.

Look into this PLEASE ...

Martin

Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

29 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(29)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 7:14:10 AM
(0)
Mentor

48 views already .. and NOT one responce from an AT&T Representative .. NICE Smiley Frustrated

48 views already .. and NOT one responce from an AT&T Representative .. NICE Smiley Frustrated

Re: Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

2 of 30 (1,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 7:19:34 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:20:48 AM

LordGeek wrote:

1. they work during normal business hours

2. if you want a response I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Numerous things can cause you upgrade eligiblity to be pushed back, the primary is late or missed payments.

LordGeek wrote:

1. they work during normal business hours

2. if you want a response I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Numerous things can cause you upgrade eligiblity to be pushed back, the primary is late or missed payments.

[ Edited ]
3 of 30 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 7:35:31 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by LordGeek on Jun 10, 2013 at 7:38:43 AM

WingRider01 ..

Thanks for the response, however, in regards to your last note about numerous things and cause your eligibilty to be pushed back in this case is completely WRONG !!!

AT&T Officially made this announcement on June 9th, 2013 changing it from 20 months to now 24 months .. and it has NOTHING to do with late or missed payments at all.

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7790084

WingRider01 ..

Thanks for the response, however, in regards to your last note about numerous things and cause your eligibilty to be pushed back in this case is completely WRONG !!!

AT&T Officially made this announcement on June 9th, 2013 changing it from 20 months to now 24 months .. and it has NOTHING to do with late or missed payments at all.

[ Edited ]
4 of 30 (1,489 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 8:39:46 AM
(0)
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

WingRider01 ..

In reading the blog it states

Today, we’re announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&T’s wireless products and services.  This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later. 

But in your OP you state you have 2 lines available for upgrade in 2013, so it appears that the change should not have affected those two lines, unless you have already upgraded them

LordGeek wrote:

WingRider01 ..

In reading the blog it states

Today, we’re announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&T’s wireless products and services.  This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later. 

But in your OP you state you have 2 lines available for upgrade in 2013, so it appears that the change should not have affected those two lines, unless you have already upgraded them

5 of 30 (1,461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 9:05:37 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ppaz on Jun 10, 2013 at 10:05:18 AM

Not impressed either. I'm now bumped another 6 months to June 2014 when I can get a new phone. As such I will now look at no contract phones. Here I come Nexus 5 or whatever comes after the Nexus 4 with LTE. I am also a long term customer having been with AT&T for over 17 years, just do not understand loyalty to long term customers.

Not impressed either. I'm now bumped another 6 months to June 2014 when I can get a new phone. As such I will now look at no contract phones. Here I come Nexus 5 or whatever comes after the Nexus 4 with LTE. I am also a long term customer having been with AT&T for over 17 years, just do not understand loyalty to long term customers.

[ Edited ]
6 of 30 (1,445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 9:19:08 AM
(0)
Mentor
Yes .. I read the policy changes also. I have 2 upgrades available to me this year .. 1 for August, now got pushed to January 2014 .. and 1 for November, now pushed to April 2014.

This is what I'm complaining about .. long time loyal customers should NOT have been effected by this .. only NEW customers.
Yes .. I read the policy changes also. I have 2 upgrades available to me this year .. 1 for August, now got pushed to January 2014 .. and 1 for November, now pushed to April 2014.

This is what I'm complaining about .. long time loyal customers should NOT have been effected by this .. only NEW customers.

7 of 30 (1,433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 10:14:45 AM
(0)
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

Sounds like thise two should not have been, send a PM to the link I gave in the original reply

LordGeek wrote:

Sounds like thise two should not have been, send a PM to the link I gave in the original reply

8 of 30 (1,401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 11:52:22 AM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

So, if you were eligible at 20 months and that has been pushed back to 24 months, then the difference should be 4 months, shouldn't it? The two examples given here are both 5 months. What am i missing?

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

So, if you were eligible at 20 months and that has been pushed back to 24 months, then the difference should be 4 months, shouldn't it? The two examples given here are both 5 months. What am i missing?

9 of 30 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 4:50:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Mine was pushed back five months, as well.  I don't know why, but both of my lines had the upgrade eligibility at 19 months instead of 20 months (of course I didn't complain about this!).  However, what happened with my upgrade dates was in accordance with the new policy, which is contracts that expire March 2014 or later will have the later upgrade dates.  My contracts expire March and June 2014.  This hurt the long-term planner in me, though.

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Mine was pushed back five months, as well.  I don't know why, but both of my lines had the upgrade eligibility at 19 months instead of 20 months (of course I didn't complain about this!).  However, what happened with my upgrade dates was in accordance with the new policy, which is contracts that expire March 2014 or later will have the later upgrade dates.  My contracts expire March and June 2014.  This hurt the long-term planner in me, though.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 30 (1,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 4:52:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I had an upgrade date of 10/8/13 that is now 3/8/14.  This is inline with what is given in the blog.

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I had an upgrade date of 10/8/13 that is now 3/8/14.  This is inline with what is given in the blog.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 30 (1,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2013 7:46:26 PM
(0)
Mentor

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Thank you 21stNow .. my point has been proven .. this is the same case as me also .. was NOT 4 months as they stated, was 5 months .. but thats not my what my original posting was about.

My problem is that AT&T is trying to better themselves making them the # 1 in the US .. you were the only provider that allowed the 20 month upgrade .. yet you got rid of this to mirror Verizon !!! Again, this should have only effected your new customers .. as stated before, I have been with AT&T for 19 years, why do you not offer a grandfather policy in there for your LONG LOYAL customers ??????????

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Thank you 21stNow .. my point has been proven .. this is the same case as me also .. was NOT 4 months as they stated, was 5 months .. but thats not my what my original posting was about.

My problem is that AT&T is trying to better themselves making them the # 1 in the US .. you were the only provider that allowed the 20 month upgrade .. yet you got rid of this to mirror Verizon !!! Again, this should have only effected your new customers .. as stated before, I have been with AT&T for 19 years, why do you not offer a grandfather policy in there for your LONG LOYAL customers ??????????

12 of 30 (1,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 6:40:55 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Jun 11, 2013 at 7:06:35 AM

Ok .. did some research and was able to obtain my ORIGINAL upgrade dates and the NEW dates .. you will see from the listing that it is in fact 5 months .. NOT 4 as stated by AT&T Policies.

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !!

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 11-03-2013 / now 04-04-2014
XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 02-03-2014 / now 07-04-2014

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-14-2014 / now 03-04-2015
XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-12-2014 / now 03-13-2015

So as you can see .. 5 months difference on ALL of them .. again, I had 2 upgrades for this year, 1 has now disappeared until next year.

Come on AT&T .. 19 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER .. I think that tells you right there I'm not going anywhere .. grandfather us long loyal customers .. this is {word filter evasion}.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Ok .. did some research and was able to obtain my ORIGINAL upgrade dates and the NEW dates .. you will see from the listing that it is in fact 5 months .. NOT 4 as stated by AT&T Policies.

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !!

So as you can see .. 5 months difference on ALL of them .. again, I had 2 upgrades for this year, 1 has now disappeared until next year.

Come on AT&T .. 19 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER .. I think that tells you right there I'm not going anywhere .. grandfather us long loyal customers .. this is {word filter evasion}.

[ Edited ]
13 of 30 (1,239 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 7:48:08 AM
(0)
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !! [valid reversal, contract end would be 12/17/2013]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 11-03-2013 / now 04-04-2014 - [contract end would be March 3 2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 02-03-2014 / now 07-04-2014 - [contract end would be 06/03/2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-14-2014 / now 03-04-2015 [contract end would be 02/14/2015]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-12-2014 / now 03-13-2015 [contract end would be 07/13/2015]

As stated on the blog

Unfortunately the only one that dropped into the excemption was your first line

LordGeek wrote:

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !! [valid reversal, contract end would be 12/17/2013]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 11-03-2013 / now 04-04-2014 - [contract end would be March 3 2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 02-03-2014 / now 07-04-2014 - [contract end would be 06/03/2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-14-2014 / now 03-04-2015 [contract end would be 02/14/2015]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-12-2014 / now 03-13-2015 [contract end would be 07/13/2015]

As stated on the blog

Unfortunately the only one that dropped into the excemption was your first line

14 of 30 (1,226 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 11:38:07 AM
(0)
Guru

LordGeek wrote:

I can almost guarantee you that your lines were upgraded 04-03-2012, 07-03-2012, 03-03-2013, and 03-12-2013. My line was upgraded 10/3/12, and I am now eligible 10/4/14. My contract expires 10/3/14 and can be upgraded the very next day. I was previously eligible 5/4/14, and yes, I was pushed 5 months. Am I disappointed that I can't have a brand new phone "5 months" earlier? A little. Am I going to have giant red font and bash the company on a forum that was originally designed to be customers helping customers? No.

I waited a full 25 months to upgrade to my current phone, since it was still working and in great condition. I even sold it to a coworker for what it cost me to upgrade. 

LordGeek wrote:

I can almost guarantee you that your lines were upgraded 04-03-2012, 07-03-2012, 03-03-2013, and 03-12-2013. My line was upgraded 10/3/12, and I am now eligible 10/4/14. My contract expires 10/3/14 and can be upgraded the very next day. I was previously eligible 5/4/14, and yes, I was pushed 5 months. Am I disappointed that I can't have a brand new phone "5 months" earlier? A little. Am I going to have giant red font and bash the company on a forum that was originally designed to be customers helping customers? No.

I waited a full 25 months to upgrade to my current phone, since it was still working and in great condition. I even sold it to a coworker for what it cost me to upgrade. 

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.

15 of 30 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 12:06:40 PM
(0)
Former Employee

juicy907couture wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Same here. I did not upgrade from an iphone 4 to a 5 until after my 2 year contract expired even though I was eligible many months before. Since my current contract goes to Oct 2014, it looks like my upgrade eligibility has been extended but my iphone 5 is working fine and I can't imagine needing a new one any earlier, if even then. I can understand people being displeased over the new policy but some of the extreme reactions are puzzling. But then, many people have been outraged at not being able to get the latest iphone at the upgrade price every year.

juicy907couture wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Same here. I did not upgrade from an iphone 4 to a 5 until after my 2 year contract expired even though I was eligible many months before. Since my current contract goes to Oct 2014, it looks like my upgrade eligibility has been extended but my iphone 5 is working fine and I can't imagine needing a new one any earlier, if even then. I can understand people being displeased over the new policy but some of the extreme reactions are puzzling. But then, many people have been outraged at not being able to get the latest iphone at the upgrade price every year.

16 of 30 (1,200 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 1:27:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

sandblaster wrote:

juicy907couture wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Well .. just to clear something up here .. you couldn't pay me enough to have/own an iPhone !!!! Simply because it has the same bland look for an OS since day 1 .. the fact that now iOS 7 has been revealed .. Apple has stollen features from Android, Windows Phone, WebOS and even Meego !!!! Apple needs to grow up, get with the times and stop accusing everyone of stealing there so called technology. Fact: First Apple OS GUI that was ever released (going back many years now) .. was stollen from Xerox .. figure that one out.

sandblaster wrote:

juicy907couture wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Well .. just to clear something up here .. you couldn't pay me enough to have/own an iPhone !!!! Simply because it has the same bland look for an OS since day 1 .. the fact that now iOS 7 has been revealed .. Apple has stollen features from Android, Windows Phone, WebOS and even Meego !!!! Apple needs to grow up, get with the times and stop accusing everyone of stealing there so called technology. Fact: First Apple OS GUI that was ever released (going back many years now) .. was stollen from Xerox .. figure that one out.

17 of 30 (1,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 1:50:12 PM
(0)
Guru

Ok, so go and reread our replies, and plug in Blackberry everytime it says iPhone. The fact remains, you signed a 24 month contract, and they have decided to now hold you to the 24 months before giving you a brand new phone at a drastically reduced price. 

Ok, so go and reread our replies, and plug in Blackberry everytime it says iPhone. The fact remains, you signed a 24 month contract, and they have decided to now hold you to the 24 months before giving you a brand new phone at a drastically reduced price. 

Sent from my mobile device, please excuse the spelling and brevity.

18 of 30 (1,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 2:25:36 PM
(0)
Guru
consumerist.com said it best: "AT&T, where customer loyalty means
nothing, has decided..." etc etc.

19 of 30 (1,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 4:03:53 PM
(0)
Expert

harryspar wrote:

they also said that the NHTSA was wrong on the testing of Child seats a few years back becasue their "tests" should that all the seat failed - can you guess who was really wrong on their testing proceedures?

harryspar wrote:

they also said that the NHTSA was wrong on the testing of Child seats a few years back becasue their "tests" should that all the seat failed - can you guess who was really wrong on their testing proceedures?

20 of 30 (1,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 4:58:33 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:14:20 PM

@wingrider...this may sound like stupid question but WHERE can I find my upgrade date?? I checked my OLAM this morning , went to Upgrade Eligibility, and all I can find is where it says that I'm eligible for an upgrade, but, no date. Of course, my current phone was purchased at Best Buy. Is this why there is no date?? I see the same info for the 2nd phone, but the 3rd phone is showing this:

• As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 9/11/2013.

Not sure why it states and iPhone because that certainly is not what he would upgrade to (no offense to you iPhone users) ....he got the phone right before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect. 

*Edit...I just read where the $36 upgrade fee went into effect 2/12/12...so I wonder why my 3rd line has a date of 9/11/13???? Now I'm totally confused! Would this reflect the date that he can do an early upgrade??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

@wingrider...this may sound like stupid question but WHERE can I find my upgrade date?? I checked my OLAM this morning , went to Upgrade Eligibility, and all I can find is where it says that I'm eligible for an upgrade, but, no date. Of course, my current phone was purchased at Best Buy. Is this why there is no date?? I see the same info for the 2nd phone, but the 3rd phone is showing this:

• As a valued AT&T customer, you're eligible for a discounted iPhone upgrade at a reduced discount, along with a 2-year service commitment. You may qualify for a full discount on an iPhone upgrade on 9/11/2013.

Not sure why it states and iPhone because that certainly is not what he would upgrade to (no offense to you iPhone users) ....he got the phone right before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect. 

*Edit...I just read where the $36 upgrade fee went into effect 2/12/12...so I wonder why my 3rd line has a date of 9/11/13???? Now I'm totally confused! Would this reflect the date that he can do an early upgrade??? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
21 of 30 (1,143 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 5:15:49 PM
(0)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

Not sure why it states and iPhone because that certainly is not what he would upgrade to (no offense to you iPhone users) but the date seems to be pretty consistant from when he got his current phone....got it right before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect. 

Is this what it states? If so that is eligible for upgrade right now, I know this number is eligble for a upgrade and my daughter will be allowed to get it afte she comes off of being grounded for a month - or more is she keeps it up.

As far as the comment on the iphone, it has always said but pretty sure you can do it with any phpne

Dcookie wrote:

Not sure why it states and iPhone because that certainly is not what he would upgrade to (no offense to you iPhone users) but the date seems to be pretty consistant from when he got his current phone....got it right before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect. 

Is this what it states? If so that is eligible for upgrade right now, I know this number is eligble for a upgrade and my daughter will be allowed to get it afte she comes off of being grounded for a month - or more is she keeps it up.

As far as the comment on the iphone, it has always said but pretty sure you can do it with any phpne

22 of 30 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 5:22:18 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by Dcookie on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:24:19 PM

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Yes, that's what it states. Thanks! I suppose if I were to buy my phone elsewhere, it would still state that. Correct?? I also edited my last post about the 9/11/13 upgrade date on the 3rd line. I'm "assuming" that is the early upgrade date since he bought his phone from ATT just before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect in 2/12. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Hahahahaha!! Just saw your comment about your daughter.. Smiley Tongue

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

wingrider01 wrote:

Dcookie wrote:

Yes, that's what it states. Thanks! I suppose if I were to buy my phone elsewhere, it would still state that. Correct?? I also edited my last post about the 9/11/13 upgrade date on the 3rd line. I'm "assuming" that is the early upgrade date since he bought his phone from ATT just before the $36 upgrade fee went into effect in 2/12. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Hahahahaha!! Just saw your comment about your daughter.. Smiley Tongue

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
23 of 30 (1,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 5:42:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Dcookie, you don't see an upgrade date because you are eligible for an upgrade already; the OLAM doesn't show dates once the date has passed.

For the line that has the upgrade date of 9/11/2013, this sounds like the full upgrade date which is occurring 19 months after the previous upgrade.

Dcookie, you don't see an upgrade date because you are eligible for an upgrade already; the OLAM doesn't show dates once the date has passed.

For the line that has the upgrade date of 9/11/2013, this sounds like the full upgrade date which is occurring 19 months after the previous upgrade.

24 of 30 (1,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 5:44:11 PM
(0)
Expert

21stNow wrote:

Ok, Thanks, 21stNow. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

21stNow wrote:

Ok, Thanks, 21stNow. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

25 of 30 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 12:42:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I called and complained about this today, and on the phone they stated they would honor my original upgrade date (Sometime in October rather than March).  I have send an e-mail asking for that in writing so I have documentation on it.  We will see if it happens.  Honestly this is the third time my upgrade dat has mooved since I have been an AT&T customer.  When I first started it was 20 months for by lines.  Then the secondary line(mine) slipped two months on our last upgrade, then it slipped to to 3 months away from the primary line, and now this last jump to 7 months from the primary line upgrade date.

When it slipped to three months the operator told me the best thing to do is flip which line is the primary after you upgrade that way they do not keep drifting further apart, but with this most recent change to 24 months across the board we will see.  I am having my wife hold off upgrading her phone until October.  If they do not honor the statement I heard today By-By AT&T. 

Had they just made the change when I upgraded, I would not be so upset.  Then I would just chalk it up to the new contract, but to me this is AT&T just changing my contract rules in the middle of the game.

I called and complained about this today, and on the phone they stated they would honor my original upgrade date (Sometime in October rather than March).  I have send an e-mail asking for that in writing so I have documentation on it.  We will see if it happens.  Honestly this is the third time my upgrade dat has mooved since I have been an AT&T customer.  When I first started it was 20 months for by lines.  Then the secondary line(mine) slipped two months on our last upgrade, then it slipped to to 3 months away from the primary line, and now this last jump to 7 months from the primary line upgrade date.

When it slipped to three months the operator told me the best thing to do is flip which line is the primary after you upgrade that way they do not keep drifting further apart, but with this most recent change to 24 months across the board we will see.  I am having my wife hold off upgrading her phone until October.  If they do not honor the statement I heard today By-By AT&T. 

Had they just made the change when I upgraded, I would not be so upset.  Then I would just chalk it up to the new contract, but to me this is AT&T just changing my contract rules in the middle of the game.

26 of 30 (869 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 6:25:40 PM
(0)
Mentor

Although the policy makes sense, especially with competition doing it, I do agree.  I think customers with so many years of service with AT&T, 3+, 5+, etc should've been grandfathered under the plan, at least per line until each one was upgraded with a new contract again.  That's when the 24 months program should've started.  

Although the policy makes sense, especially with competition doing it, I do agree.  I think customers with so many years of service with AT&T, 3+, 5+, etc should've been grandfathered under the plan, at least per line until each one was upgraded with a new contract again.  That's when the 24 months program should've started.  

27 of 30 (845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 6:47:57 PM
(0)
Expert

OnDemand26 wrote:

they grandfathered anyone who's contract ends prior to march 2014, Those lines did not get their upgrade date changed

OnDemand26 wrote:

they grandfathered anyone who's contract ends prior to march 2014, Those lines did not get their upgrade date changed

28 of 30 (840 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 9:42:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

They are also being very sneaky about this, at least in my opinion.  One of my family lines, let's call her line B had her iPhone stolen at the beginning of May, her line was not eligible for upgrade until January 2014 and mine (let's call it line A) was elible June 2, 2013.  I contacted AT&T and made her an authorized user on the account and gave my permission for her to take my upgrade, I didn't mind waiting until January because I was hoping the iPhone 5S would be out by then.  She went to the AT&T store to updgrade on June 10th and was not given any information about this change in policy, nor was I when I talked to them two weeks prior.  After her phone was taken care of I just happened to be checking our account online and saw that the original upgrade date on her line (I of course knew that the date on MY line would change because she took MY upgrade) had been changed to June 2014........now I have to wait another whole year to upgrade and was never made aware of this! 

I contacted AT&T customer service via email and explained the entire situation, they pretty much told me that it didn't matter that I have been a long time customer and that I was eligible for a "discounted" upgrade option which is $250 more than the upgrade price of the phone and that I should be happy with that.  I told them that if I was willing to pay that much I might as well pay the $325 to cancel my account since their customer service is absolutly horrible.  All I asked for was my date to be restored to the original date of January 2014 and then going forward I would be aware of this policy change, and they were unwilling to do that for me......they would rather lose a $250-$300 per month customer than give me 6 months back on my upgrade.

And over the past 18 months I have added two additional lines to my account and upgrade data usage twice so it's not like I'm not continuing to use their services and cutting back!

They are also being very sneaky about this, at least in my opinion.  One of my family lines, let's call her line B had her iPhone stolen at the beginning of May, her line was not eligible for upgrade until January 2014 and mine (let's call it line A) was elible June 2, 2013.  I contacted AT&T and made her an authorized user on the account and gave my permission for her to take my upgrade, I didn't mind waiting until January because I was hoping the iPhone 5S would be out by then.  She went to the AT&T store to updgrade on June 10th and was not given any information about this change in policy, nor was I when I talked to them two weeks prior.  After her phone was taken care of I just happened to be checking our account online and saw that the original upgrade date on her line (I of course knew that the date on MY line would change because she took MY upgrade) had been changed to June 2014........now I have to wait another whole year to upgrade and was never made aware of this! 

I contacted AT&T customer service via email and explained the entire situation, they pretty much told me that it didn't matter that I have been a long time customer and that I was eligible for a "discounted" upgrade option which is $250 more than the upgrade price of the phone and that I should be happy with that.  I told them that if I was willing to pay that much I might as well pay the $325 to cancel my account since their customer service is absolutly horrible.  All I asked for was my date to be restored to the original date of January 2014 and then going forward I would be aware of this policy change, and they were unwilling to do that for me......they would rather lose a $250-$300 per month customer than give me 6 months back on my upgrade.

And over the past 18 months I have added two additional lines to my account and upgrade data usage twice so it's not like I'm not continuing to use their services and cutting back!

29 of 30 (669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 5:52:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

Amen brother...I woke up the same challenge today.  Not sure what my options are but am considering waiting it out and switching to Verizon.  I have been with att a long time and feel this is a bait and switcscheme purposely routing customers to the next plan.  I don't want the next plan as its a ripoff.  I wanted The early upgrade pricing!

Amen brother...I woke up the same challenge today.  Not sure what my options are but am considering waiting it out and switching to Verizon.  I have been with att a long time and feel this is a bait and switcscheme purposely routing customers to the next plan.  I don't want the next plan as its a ripoff.  I wanted The early upgrade pricing!

30 of 30 (415 Views)