Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

Mentor

Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

I'm not impressed AT&T .. you decided to change your rules in regards to obtaining early upgrades on our accounts from 20 months to the full 24 months .. this sort of action should have applied ONLY for new customers .. not customers that have been with you since 1994 when you started out as CellularOne !!! Thats right AT&T, I have been with you for now 19 YEARS .. CellularOne, AT&T, Cingular back to AT&T.

I originally had 2 of my 6 lines available for upgrades this year .. 3 for 2014 and 1 for 2015 .. now with this JOKE .. none of my lines are available this year (2013) .. 3 for 2014 and 3 for 2015 !!!!!!!

I want this RESTORED ASAP .. this should not have been in effect for your EXISTING customers with the longativity of service as I have with you .. this new rule should have been grandfathered.

Look into this PLEASE ...

Martin

Message 1 of 30
Mentor

Re: Rather DISGUSTED with AT&T.

48 views already .. and NOT one responce from an AT&T Representative .. NICE Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 30
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

48 views already .. and NOT one responce from an AT&T Representative .. NICE Smiley Frustrated

1. they work during normal business hours

2. if you want a response I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Numerous things can cause you upgrade eligiblity to be pushed back, the primary is late or missed payments.

Message 3 of 30
Mentor

WingRider01 ..

Thanks for the response, however, in regards to your last note about numerous things and cause your eligibilty to be pushed back in this case is completely WRONG !!!

AT&T Officially made this announcement on June 9th, 2013 changing it from 20 months to now 24 months .. and it has NOTHING to do with late or missed payments at all.

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7790084

Message 4 of 30
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

WingRider01 ..

Thanks for the response, however, in regards to your last note about numerous things and cause your eligibilty to be pushed back in this case is completely WRONG !!!

AT&T Officially made this announcement on June 9th, 2013 changing it from 20 months to now 24 months .. and it has NOTHING to do with late or missed payments at all.

http://blogs.att.net/consumerblog/story/a7790084

In reading the blog it states

Today, we’re announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&T’s wireless products and services.  This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later. 

But in your OP you state you have 2 lines available for upgrade in 2013, so it appears that the change should not have affected those two lines, unless you have already upgraded them

Message 5 of 30
Tutor

Not impressed either. I'm now bumped another 6 months to June 2014 when I can get a new phone. As such I will now look at no contract phones. Here I come Nexus 5 or whatever comes after the Nexus 4 with LTE. I am also a long term customer having been with AT&T for over 17 years, just do not understand loyalty to long term customers.

Message 6 of 30
Mentor

Yes .. I read the policy changes also. I have 2 upgrades available to me this year .. 1 for August, now got pushed to January 2014 .. and 1 for November, now pushed to April 2014.

This is what I'm complaining about .. long time loyal customers should NOT have been effected by this .. only NEW customers.
Message 7 of 30
Expert

LordGeek wrote:
Yes .. I read the policy changes also. I have 2 upgrades available to me this year .. 1 for August, now got pushed to January 2014 .. and 1 for November, now pushed to April 2014.

This is what I'm complaining about .. long time loyal customers should NOT have been effected by this .. only NEW customers.

Sounds like thise two should not have been, send a PM to the link I gave in the original reply

Message 8 of 30
ACE - Expert

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

Sounds like thise two should not have been, send a PM to the link I gave in the original reply

So, if you were eligible at 20 months and that has been pushed back to 24 months, then the difference should be 4 months, shouldn't it? The two examples given here are both 5 months. What am i missing?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 30
Professor

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

So, if you were eligible at 20 months and that has been pushed back to 24 months, then the difference should be 4 months, shouldn't it? The two examples given here are both 5 months. What am i missing?

Mine was pushed back five months, as well.  I don't know why, but both of my lines had the upgrade eligibility at 19 months instead of 20 months (of course I didn't complain about this!).  However, what happened with my upgrade dates was in accordance with the new policy, which is contracts that expire March 2014 or later will have the later upgrade dates.  My contracts expire March and June 2014.  This hurt the long-term planner in me, though.

Message 10 of 30
Highlighted
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I had an upgrade date of 10/8/13 that is now 3/8/14.  This is inline with what is given in the blog.

Message 11 of 30
Mentor

21stNow wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

LordGeek wrote:

I had an upgrade date of 10/8/13 that is now 3/8/14.  This is inline with what is given in the blog.

Thank you 21stNow .. my point has been proven .. this is the same case as me also .. was NOT 4 months as they stated, was 5 months .. but thats not my what my original posting was about.

My problem is that AT&T is trying to better themselves making them the # 1 in the US .. you were the only provider that allowed the 20 month upgrade .. yet you got rid of this to mirror Verizon !!! Again, this should have only effected your new customers .. as stated before, I have been with AT&T for 19 years, why do you not offer a grandfather policy in there for your LONG LOYAL customers ??????????

Message 12 of 30
Mentor

Ok .. did some research and was able to obtain my ORIGINAL upgrade dates and the NEW dates .. you will see from the listing that it is in fact 5 months .. NOT 4 as stated by AT&T Policies.

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !!

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 11-03-2013 / now 04-04-2014
XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 02-03-2014 / now 07-04-2014

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-14-2014 / now 03-04-2015
XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-12-2014 / now 03-13-2015

So as you can see .. 5 months difference on ALL of them .. again, I had 2 upgrades for this year, 1 has now disappeared until next year.

Come on AT&T .. 19 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER .. I think that tells you right there I'm not going anywhere .. grandfather us long loyal customers .. this is {word filter evasion}.

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 13 of 30
Expert

LordGeek wrote:

Ok .. did some research and was able to obtain my ORIGINAL upgrade dates and the NEW dates .. you will see from the listing that it is in fact 5 months .. NOT 4 as stated by AT&T Policies.

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !!

So as you can see .. 5 months difference on ALL of them .. again, I had 2 upgrades for this year, 1 has now disappeared until next year.

Come on AT&T .. 19 YEARS LOYAL CUSTOMER .. I think that tells you right there I'm not going anywhere .. grandfather us long loyal customers .. this is {word filter evasion}.

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 08-17-2013 / surprisingly, this one reverted back to the original !! [valid reversal, contract end would be 12/17/2013]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 11-03-2013 / now 04-04-2014 - [contract end would be March 3 2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 02-03-2014 / now 07-04-2014 - [contract end would be 06/03/2014]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-14-2014 / now 03-04-2015 [contract end would be 02/14/2015]

XXX-XXX-XXXX / was 10-12-2014 / now 03-13-2015 [contract end would be 07/13/2015]

As stated on the blog

Today, we’re announcing a 24-month upgrade policy across all of AT&T’s wireless products and services.  This aligns device upgrade eligibility with our standard two-year wireless agreement and it applies to any customer whose agreement expires in March 2014 or later. 

Unfortunately the only one that dropped into the excemption was your first line

Message 14 of 30

LordGeek wrote:

I can almost guarantee you that your lines were upgraded 04-03-2012, 07-03-2012, 03-03-2013, and 03-12-2013. My line was upgraded 10/3/12, and I am now eligible 10/4/14. My contract expires 10/3/14 and can be upgraded the very next day. I was previously eligible 5/4/14, and yes, I was pushed 5 months. Am I disappointed that I can't have a brand new phone "5 months" earlier? A little. Am I going to have giant red font and bash the company on a forum that was originally designed to be customers helping customers? No.

I waited a full 25 months to upgrade to my current phone, since it was still working and in great condition. I even sold it to a coworker for what it cost me to upgrade. 

Message 15 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support