Quick Upgrade Question

Highlighted
Contributor

Quick Upgrade Question

I was planning on using a member of my family's upgrade because I'm not eligible until November and i don't have a phone. I've done this before (swapped upgrades) at the ATT store with no problem. I was planning on going tomorrow to get an S4 Active.

I just noticed it's 80 dollars cheaper through Amazon. If I go ahead and order it and bring it in for a simcard are they going to give me a hard time because I didnt buy it from them? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (489 Views)
Expert

Re: Quick Upgrade Question

nickbrien42 wrote:

I was planning on using a member of my family's upgrade because I'm not eligible until November and i don't have a phone. I've done this before (swapped upgrades) at the ATT store with no problem. I was planning on going tomorrow to get an S4 Active.

I just noticed it's 80 dollars cheaper through Amazon. If I go ahead and order it and bring it in for a simcard are they going to give me a hard time because I didnt buy it from them? 

Thanks

check the agreement at amazon, they tend to put requirements on the sale or you get a penalty and on many devices they mark prices differenty for a new customer as compared to a upgrade customer

Message 2 of 6 (463 Views)
Guru

you'll be fine if you order from amazon, as long as you don't do the following:

• If your device with the carrier is not activated per Amazon's activation instructions within 14 days
  • If your service is canceled/disconnected before 181 days and you do not return the device(s) to Amazon
  • If a new individual or new family account is merged with or replaces a pre-existing account
  • If you transfer this equipment to another carrier's service or to another line in your family account and deactivate the line that Amazon established for your device
Message 3 of 6 (417 Views)
ACE - Professor

Didn't Amaazon also have the strict no changing devices for 6 months or face a penalty rule as well in their agreement or did they stop that?
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (388 Views)
Expert

Evandela wrote:
Didn't Amaazon also have the strict no changing devices for 6 months or face a penalty rule as well in their agreement or did they stop that?

nope still there - 181 days or a 400 dollar penalty

Message 5 of 6 (366 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

You're allowed to move the phone to another line within the same account. I did so as soon as I got my phone through the mail. The only part I'm not sure about is removing a data plan once you move the phone. I already had a smartphone on the line so a data plan was kept on the upgraded line. Even in the terms and conditions, it says you're allowed to move phone over as long as you don't cancel line. 

• If you transfer this equipment to another carrier's service or to another line in your family account and deactivate the line that Amazon established for your device

You can even call  amazon at  8774298502 to verify. But according to the agreement, as long as line stays active, everything should be okay. 

Message 6 of 6 (347 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.