Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 21, 2014
4:46:53 PM
View profile
Quick Data button
I just installed the update for my Galaxy s4 and the quick button to turn my data is gone?! I have to go through menu options to do so. It is very inconvenient.
I just installed the update for my Galaxy s4 and the quick button to turn my data is gone?! I have to go through menu options to do so. It is very inconvenient.

Quick Data button

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 6:15:01 PM
(0)
Master
It's part of the software update. They changed the access location of it. You are not the only one who has gripes about the new update.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It's part of the software update. They changed the access location of it. You are not the only one who has gripes about the new update.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Quick Data button

2 of 6 (708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 7:02:00 PM
(0)
Contributor
I know it is part of the software update and I know the location of it has changed. However, it is no longer at a convenient quick location. I have been able to add a different one to my home screen, but I would still rather have it where it was.
I know it is part of the software update and I know the location of it has changed. However, it is no longer at a convenient quick location. I have been able to add a different one to my home screen, but I would still rather have it where it was.

3 of 6 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 11:49:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

Yeah I updated also. Samsung took it off. Remember that AT&T doesnt have anything to do with Samsung's take on Android. It was very convenient. However, you can go to Google Play and search up a Data Toggle widget and use it as a replacement like what I did.

Yeah I updated also. Samsung took it off. Remember that AT&T doesnt have anything to do with Samsung's take on Android. It was very convenient. However, you can go to Google Play and search up a Data Toggle widget and use it as a replacement like what I did.

4 of 6 (674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 9:55:24 AM
(0)
Master
Unfortunately, there is no way to get it back to how it was. That's just what Samsung must have thought was "better" for some reason. As far as I know, the only way to "roll back" the update would be to root your phone, which I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Unfortunately, there is no way to get it back to how it was. That's just what Samsung must have thought was "better" for some reason. As far as I know, the only way to "roll back" the update would be to root your phone, which I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

5 of 6 (641 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 12:04:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

when this happened to me the one I picked from the google play store is just called 'data enabler.'

put it on your home screen from the widgets menu rather than the apps menu.

when this happened to me the one I picked from the google play store is just called 'data enabler.'

put it on your home screen from the widgets menu rather than the apps menu.

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

6 of 6 (525 Views)