Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 11, 2013
10:30:34 AM
View profile
Questions about prepaid account and the new Nokia Lumia 520

Hi, everybody!!

I have a few questions about the new Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone. I'm currently a Gophone prepaid account holder, with a Samsung SGH-a167 flip phone (non-smartphone).

• Will I be able to change to the Nokia Lumia 520 and keep the same Gophone account?
  • If so, will I be able to use the same SIM card from my Samsung, or will I need a new SIM card?
  • If I need a new SIM, is it hard to transfer my data to the new SIM?
  • Also, is it likely that my local ATT store will have the Nokia in stock, or is this phone on some sort of special order?

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

Hi, everybody!!

I have a few questions about the new Nokia Lumia 520 smartphone. I'm currently a Gophone prepaid account holder, with a Samsung SGH-a167 flip phone (non-smartphone).

• Will I be able to change to the Nokia Lumia 520 and keep the same Gophone account?
  • If so, will I be able to use the same SIM card from my Samsung, or will I need a new SIM card?
  • Also, is it likely that my local ATT store will have the Nokia in stock, or is this phone on some sort of special order?

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

Questions about prepaid account and the new Nokia Lumia 520

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 10:47:09 AM
(0)
Expert

anzie wrote:

Hi, everybody!!

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

listed as a gophone so you shoukd be ok, would suggest going into a corporate location to see if there are any available and get what is needed. If you want data you may be required to switch to one of the new gophone plans for smartphones for everything to work right.

anzie wrote:

Hi, everybody!!

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

listed as a gophone so you shoukd be ok, would suggest going into a corporate location to see if there are any available and get what is needed. If you want data you may be required to switch to one of the new gophone plans for smartphones for everything to work right.

Re: Questions about prepaid account and the new Nokia Lumia 520

2 of 4 (587 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 11, 2013 8:21:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

anzie wrote:

Hi, everybody!!

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

• Yes. It is possible to switch from your feature phone to a smartphone.
  • You will either need to get a new SIM card (microSIM more than likely) or trim your current SIM to fit the smaller SIM slot. There are microSIM cutters that you can buy off eBay if that's what you prefer. I went this route and it was incredibly easy. 
  • It may be a little difficult to transfer your data, but I'm fairly certain that it can be done. You will probably want to go to an AT&T corporate store to do this.
  • The corporate store(s) *might* have some in stock, but some stores refuse to sell phones at the pull retail price. It's worth a shot, I suppose! 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

anzie wrote:

Hi, everybody!!

Thank you in advance!!

--anzie

• Yes. It is possible to switch from your feature phone to a smartphone.
  • You will either need to get a new SIM card (microSIM more than likely) or trim your current SIM to fit the smaller SIM slot. There are microSIM cutters that you can buy off eBay if that's what you prefer. I went this route and it was incredibly easy. 
  • It may be a little difficult to transfer your data, but I'm fairly certain that it can be done. You will probably want to go to an AT&T corporate store to do this.
  • The corporate store(s) *might* have some in stock, but some stores refuse to sell phones at the pull retail price. It's worth a shot, I suppose! 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (544 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 4:04:15 AM
(0)
Scholar

Read my answer to this post. It will probably apply to the Nokia Lumia 520 also.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/switching-to-new-gophone-with-old-gophone-sim/m-p/3535561#M45595

Read my answer to this post. It will probably apply to the Nokia Lumia 520 also.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/switching-to-new-gophone-with-old-gophone-sim/m-p/3535561#M45595

4 of 4 (524 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments