Question about the ETF

Highlighted
Contributor

Question about the ETF

Hi. I have a simple question about the ETF. Currently, i have a family plan with 4 smartphones and 1 "feature" phone. If i were to terminate my service right now, i would have to pay $325 per smartphone minus $10 per month of service under the contract. Now my question is, if it's been at least 1 month of service since i got my plan and subsidy phones (it's been at least 6+ but the bill is too high), would it be possible to just switch all 4 of my smartphone lines to feature phones, drop the data plan, and THEN cancel my service? Would i be charged the ETF for basic phones, which is $150 minus $4 per month? Is this possible? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks for any and all help Smiley Happy.

Message 1 of 3 (449 Views)
Expert

Re: Question about the ETF

Leron wrote:

Hi. I have a simple question about the ETF. Currently, i have a family plan with 4 smartphones and 1 "feature" phone. If i were to terminate my service right now, i would have to pay $325 per smartphone minus $10 per month of service under the contract. Now my question is, if it's been at least 1 month of service since i got my plan and subsidy phones (it's been at least 6+ but the bill is too high), would it be possible to just switch all 4 of my smartphone lines to feature phones, drop the data plan, and THEN cancel my service? Would i be charged the ETF for basic phones, which is $150 minus $4 per month? Is this possible? I hope my question makes sense. Thanks for any and all help Smiley Happy.

the etf is based on the phone that was obtained at the subsidized price not on the phone that is active on the line

Message 2 of 3 (433 Views)
Contributor

Re: Question about the ETF

Thanks for the help! Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 3 (422 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.