Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 25, 2013
1:19:51 PM
View profile
Question about grandfather plan
I have a grandfather account with an unlimited data plan for an iPhone 4S. I have an iPhone 5 that just finished its 3gb/m plan for one year, is their any way I can switch these and get the unlimited plan for the iPhone 5?
I have a grandfather account with an unlimited data plan for an iPhone 4S. I have an iPhone 5 that just finished its 3gb/m plan for one year, is their any way I can switch these and get the unlimited plan for the iPhone 5?

Question about grandfather plan

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 4:44:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

For illustrative purposes:

Current setup:

Line A has unlimited data and the iPhone 4S on it.

Line B has the 3GB data plan and the iPhone 5 on it.

You can get new SIM cards (due to the size difference) and put the iPhone 5 on Line A and the iPhone 4S (or another phone) on Line B.  You cannot move the unlimited data plan from Line A to Line B.

For illustrative purposes:

Current setup:

Line A has unlimited data and the iPhone 4S on it.

Line B has the 3GB data plan and the iPhone 5 on it.

You can get new SIM cards (due to the size difference) and put the iPhone 5 on Line A and the iPhone 4S (or another phone) on Line B.  You cannot move the unlimited data plan from Line A to Line B.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Question about grandfather plan

2 of 7 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 7:45:04 PM
(0)
Contributor
So that means the 5 will have the 4s's number?
So that means the 5 will have the 4s's number?

3 of 7 (439 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:07:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Yes, if you get a nano-SIM card for the line that currently has the 4S on it, you can put the nano-SIM in the 5 and have the same number that is currently on the 4S.

Yes, if you get a nano-SIM card for the line that currently has the 4S on it, you can put the nano-SIM in the 5 and have the same number that is currently on the 4S.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 10:38:01 PM
(0)
Contributor
Can I get the new sims but the phones still be have their original numbers?

5 of 7 (412 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 5:49:46 AM
(0)
Former Employee

evan611 wrote:

No. Bottom line, you can't move the unlimited plan to a different number. It stays with whatever number it is on regardless of which iPhone is using it. 

evan611 wrote:

No. Bottom line, you can't move the unlimited plan to a different number. It stays with whatever number it is on regardless of which iPhone is using it. 

6 of 7 (382 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 6:15:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

evan611 wrote:

You wouldn't need new SIM cards if you want the phones to have the same numbers that they have now.  I only mentioned getting new SIM cards if you wanted to switch the phones between the two lines.

evan611 wrote:

You wouldn't need new SIM cards if you want the phones to have the same numbers that they have now.  I only mentioned getting new SIM cards if you wanted to switch the phones between the two lines.

7 of 7 (374 Views)