Purchased used phone and it got blacklisted

Contributor

Purchased used phone and it got blacklisted

I recently purchased an lg optimus g pro from a seller on ebay. A month later after using it, it was put on the blacklisted. I've already contacted the seller and ebay and they've said they could don't nothing. Is there anything att can download for me, I have proof of purchase and everything. Help please!!!!
Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Purchased used phone and it got blacklisted

Hi Painful96,

I apologize for your device being blocked on the network. There are a number of things that could have lead to the device being blacklisted, including the phone you bought on eBay was a stolen device itself or was part of an insurance replacement that was never sent back. 

At this point you would have to work with the seller of the device to get an orginial bill of sale that shows the device's IMEI so it can be unblocked. You state you have a proof of purchase, is it from eBay or elsewhere?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (497 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Purchased used phone and it got blacklisted

Hello @Painful96 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having. As logo412 explained, there may be few reasons for the phone being blacklisted, but the end result is the same, only the original account holder and device owner can remove it from the blacklist by contacting AT&T. If the seller can't/won't do it, then the phone's origins may not be legitimate and your best option is to file a claim with eBay and PayPal.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (490 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.