Promises from AT&T not truthful

Contributor

Promises from AT&T not truthful

I stopped at my local AT&T store to upgrade my phone. I am leaving the state and was promised my new phone would be delivered before my flight. In fact I was guaranteed delivery, when I stated I should probably wait. To not lose a sale the sales lady mislead me in to believing that I would absolutely have my phone. Well here it is time to leave and of course... No phone. I even responded to ATT feedback , that evening, which I was texted with a glowing review, not knowing at the time my phone was not going to make it to me in time . when I stopped by to complain, I was told that I was not guaranteed delivery like I was originally informed. Excuses, non stop.... Everything of course from ATT rep was I didn't say or promise that. We cannot help you... I called support and was told that ATT support could not do anything to help me.... Nothing . So I WILL take my business elsewhere. I will respond to feedback with most negative responses possible to ATT. I do not like being lied to and then told " oh there is nothing we can do for you by ATT support. I do not think that it is good business practice to lose customers by lying .... Perhaps ATT doesn't care. Unhappy Berea, Ohio store customer

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Promises from AT&T not truthful

Did you go to a corporate store or an authorized retailer? The store on Bagley Rd in Berea is an authorized retailer.

Authorized retailers play by their own rules, which is why I never use them. Too many of them are more interested in making a sale than in your satisfaction.

Message 2 of 4
Community Manager

Hello, Bonoxis!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. I completely understand your frustration. If you don't mind confirming the store address for me, I would be happy to forward your feedback to make sure this doesn't happen again.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let me know in a private message. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I look forward to hearing from you with the store's address.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

422 west bagley rd, Berea, OH....now they are calling me while I am out of state on vacation, with threats of if I don't pick up my phone they will stay in their safe and I will be paying monthly anyway. I need the service I have until I come back , but will be dropping ATT immediately upon return. I do not need to be harassed. Apparently Celeste who lied to us is now at an ATT store in Texas.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support