Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2014
9:55:56 AM
View profile
Promises from AT&T not truthful

I stopped at my local AT&T store to upgrade my phone. I am leaving the state and was promised my new phone would be delivered before my flight. In fact I was guaranteed delivery, when I stated I should probably wait. To not lose a sale the sales lady mislead me in to believing that I would absolutely have my phone. Well here it is time to leave and of course... No phone. I even responded to ATT feedback , that evening, which I was texted with a glowing review, not knowing at the time my phone was not going to make it to me in time . when I stopped by to complain, I was told that I was not guaranteed delivery like I was originally informed. Excuses, non stop.... Everything of course from ATT rep was I didn't say or promise that. We cannot help you... I called support and was told that ATT support could not do anything to help me.... Nothing . So I WILL take my business elsewhere. I will respond to feedback with most negative responses possible to ATT. I do not like being lied to and then told " oh there is nothing we can do for you by ATT support. I do not think that it is good business practice to lose customers by lying .... Perhaps ATT doesn't care. Unhappy Berea, Ohio store customer

I stopped at my local AT&T store to upgrade my phone. I am leaving the state and was promised my new phone would be delivered before my flight. In fact I was guaranteed delivery, when I stated I should probably wait. To not lose a sale the sales lady mislead me in to believing that I would absolutely have my phone. Well here it is time to leave and of course... No phone. I even responded to ATT feedback , that evening, which I was texted with a glowing review, not knowing at the time my phone was not going to make it to me in time . when I stopped by to complain, I was told that I was not guaranteed delivery like I was originally informed. Excuses, non stop.... Everything of course from ATT rep was I didn't say or promise that. We cannot help you... I called support and was told that ATT support could not do anything to help me.... Nothing . So I WILL take my business elsewhere. I will respond to feedback with most negative responses possible to ATT. I do not like being lied to and then told " oh there is nothing we can do for you by ATT support. I do not think that it is good business practice to lose customers by lying .... Perhaps ATT doesn't care. Unhappy Berea, Ohio store customer

Promises from AT&T not truthful

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 4:20:29 AM
(0)
Professor

Did you go to a corporate store or an authorized retailer? The store on Bagley Rd in Berea is an authorized retailer.

Authorized retailers play by their own rules, which is why I never use them. Too many of them are more interested in making a sale than in your satisfaction.

Did you go to a corporate store or an authorized retailer? The store on Bagley Rd in Berea is an authorized retailer.

Authorized retailers play by their own rules, which is why I never use them. Too many of them are more interested in making a sale than in your satisfaction.

Re: Promises from AT&T not truthful

2 of 4 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2014 7:02:29 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Bonoxis!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. I completely understand your frustration. If you don't mind confirming the store address for me, I would be happy to forward your feedback to make sure this doesn't happen again.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let me know in a private message. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I look forward to hearing from you with the store's address.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Bonoxis!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience at one of our stores. I completely understand your frustration. If you don't mind confirming the store address for me, I would be happy to forward your feedback to make sure this doesn't happen again.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let me know in a private message. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I look forward to hearing from you with the store's address.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 4:42:11 AM
(0)
Contributor
422 west bagley rd, Berea, OH....now they are calling me while I am out of state on vacation, with threats of if I don't pick up my phone they will stay in their safe and I will be paying monthly anyway. I need the service I have until I come back , but will be dropping ATT immediately upon return. I do not need to be harassed. Apparently Celeste who lied to us is now at an ATT store in Texas.
422 west bagley rd, Berea, OH....now they are calling me while I am out of state on vacation, with threats of if I don't pick up my phone they will stay in their safe and I will be paying monthly anyway. I need the service I have until I come back , but will be dropping ATT immediately upon return. I do not need to be harassed. Apparently Celeste who lied to us is now at an ATT store in Texas.

4 of 4 (461 Views)