Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 6, 2014
6:07:00 PM
View profile
Problems with iMessaging with other iphone user and texting with Galaxy user

I am having two serious problems with my iphone 5. First problem is texting with a Galaxy phone user. My friend and I were successfully texting for weeks and then suddenly, she does not receive my texts. I receive hers. I have been on the phone with AT&T support for hours resetting everything and still it does not work. One week ago a new problem arose with an iphone user friend. We have been successfully texting and talking for weeks...two weeks ago imessaging stopped working with him. I would see the blue bubble and delivered message but he would not receive the text. The only way I can communicate with him is to shutoff imessaging forcing my messages to go as texts. This is incredibly frusrating!!!Ihave tried everything that others have suggested with resetting, etc. What can I do...

I am having two serious problems with my iphone 5. First problem is texting with a Galaxy phone user. My friend and I were successfully texting for weeks and then suddenly, she does not receive my texts. I receive hers. I have been on the phone with AT&T support for hours resetting everything and still it does not work. One week ago a new problem arose with an iphone user friend. We have been successfully texting and talking for weeks...two weeks ago imessaging stopped working with him. I would see the blue bubble and delivered message but he would not receive the text. The only way I can communicate with him is to shutoff imessaging forcing my messages to go as texts. This is incredibly frusrating!!!Ihave tried everything that others have suggested with resetting, etc. What can I do...

Problems with iMessaging with other iphone user and texting with Galaxy user

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 7:45:51 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Ceicher wrote:

Unfortunately, there may not be anything you can do since both issues you describe could be issues with the other person's phone and not your iPhone. The iMessage issue especially I bet is an issue with the other person's iPhone or Apple ID. 

Ceicher wrote:

Unfortunately, there may not be anything you can do since both issues you describe could be issues with the other person's phone and not your iPhone. The iMessage issue especially I bet is an issue with the other person's iPhone or Apple ID. 

Re: Problems with iMessaging with other iphone user and texting with Galaxy user

2 of 4 (474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 10:09:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Without knowing more details about the exact situation between you and your friend, it sounds to me like your friend had signed into iMessage using their account and not signed back out, so when you message them, iMessage is still active for them and is sent that route, and not through SMS.  This is supported by the comment you make that messages go through to them when you force iMessage off on your end.  IIRC, you can force the messages to a user to send as SMS, even if you have iMessage enabled.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

Without knowing more details about the exact situation between you and your friend, it sounds to me like your friend had signed into iMessage using their account and not signed back out, so when you message them, iMessage is still active for them and is sent that route, and not through SMS.  This is supported by the comment you make that messages go through to them when you force iMessage off on your end.  IIRC, you can force the messages to a user to send as SMS, even if you have iMessage enabled.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Problems with iMessaging with other iphone user and texting with Galaxy user

3 of 4 (417 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 11:41:12 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Something to try for the person with the Galaxy phone, have them reboot their phone. I've seen many cases were someone said they weren't receiving SMS messages and upon rebooting their phone, messages from the last several days popped in. In fact, that has even happened to me.

Something to try for the person with the Galaxy phone, have them reboot their phone. I've seen many cases were someone said they weren't receiving SMS messages and upon rebooting their phone, messages from the last several days popped in. In fact, that has even happened to me.

4 of 4 (408 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments